1. Kabbani, S, Hersh, AL, Shapiro, DJ, Fleming-Dutra, KE, Pavia, AT, Hicks, LA. Opportunities to improve fluoroquinolone prescribing in the United States for adult ambulatory care visits. Clin Infect Dis 2018;67:134–136.
2. Stewardson, AJ, Vervoort, J, Adriaenssens, N, et al. Effect of outpatient antibiotics for urinary tract infections on antimicrobial resistance among commensal Enterobacteriaceae: a multinational prospective cohort study. Clin Microbiol Infect 2018. doi: 10.1016/j.cmi.2017.12.026.
3. Dingle, KE, Didelot, X, Quan, TP, et al. Effects of control interventions on Clostridium difficile infection in England: an observational study. Lancet Infect Dis 2017;17:411–421.
4. FDA Drug Safety Communication: FDA advises restricting fluoroquinolone antibiotic use for certain uncomplicated infections; warns about disabling side effects that can occur together. US Food and Drug Administration website. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/ucm500143.htm. Published 2016. Accessed January 30, 2018.
5. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Inspector General. Community Based outpatient clinic and primary care clinic reviews at Portland VA Medical Center Portland, Oregon. Department of Veterans Affairs website. http://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-13-03417-34.pdf. Published 2014. Accessed April 1, 2017.
6. Meeker, D, Linder, JA, Fox, CR, et al. Effect of behavioral interventions on inappropriate antibiotic prescribing among primary care practices: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA 2016;315:562–570.
7. Persell, SD, Doctor, JN, Friedberg, MW, et al. Behavioral interventions to reduce inappropriate antibiotic prescribing: a randomized pilot trial. BMC Infect Dis 2016;16:373.
8. Gerber, JS, Prasad, PA, Fiks, AG, et al. Effect of an outpatient antimicrobial stewardship intervention on broad-spectrum antibiotic prescribing by primary care pediatricians: a randomized trial. JAMA 2013;309:2345–2352.
9. Suda, KJ, Hicks, LA, Roberts, RM, Hunkler, RJ, Taylor, TH. Trends and seasonal variation in outpatient antibiotic prescription rates in the United States, 2006 to 2010. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2014;58:2763–2766.
10. Ancker, JS, Edwards, A, Nosal, S, et al. Effects of workload, work complexity, and repeated alerts on alert fatigue in a clinical decision support system. BMC Med Informat Decis Making 2017;17:36.