1. Kwong, JC, Schwartz, KL, Campitelli, MA, et al. Acute myocardial infarction after laboratory-confirmed influenza infection. N Engl J Med 2018;378:345–353.
2. Ludwig, A, Lucero-Obusan, C, Schirmer, P, Winston, C, Holodniy, M. Acute cardiac injury events ≤30 days after laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection among US veterans, 2010–2012. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 2015;15:109.
3. Norman, DC. Clinical features of infection in older adults. Clin Geriatr Med 2016;32:433–441.
4. High, KP, Bradley, SF, Gravenstein, S, et al. Clinical practice guideline for the evaluation of fever and infection in older adult residents of long-term care facilities: 2008 update by the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis 2009;48:149–171.
5. Loubet, P, Samih-Lenzi, N, Galtier, F, et al. Factors associated with poor outcomes among adults hospitalized for influenza in France: a three-year prospective multicenter study. J Clin Virol 2016;79:68–73.
6. Al-Amoodi, M, Rao, K, Rao, S, Brewer, JH, Magalski, A, Chhatriwalla, AK. Fulminant myocarditis due to H1N1 influenza. Circ Heart Fail 2010;3:e7–e9.
7. Kumar, K, Guirgis, M, Zieroth, S, et al. Influenza myocarditis and myositis: case presentation and review of the literature. Can J Cardiol 2011;27:514–522.
8. Morgera, T, Di Lenarda, A, Dreas, L, et al. Electrocardiography of myocarditis revisited: clinical and prognostic significance of electrocardiographic changes. Am Heart J 1992;124:455–467.