1. Pollack, LA, Srinivasan, A. Core elements of hospital antibiotic stewardship programs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Clin Infect Dis 2014;59(Suppl 3):S97–S100.
2. Polk, RE, Fox, C, Mahoney, A, Letcavage, J, MacDougall, C. Measurement of adult antibacterial drug use in 130 US hospitals: comparison of defined daily dose and days of therapy. Clin Infect Dis 2007;44:664–670.
3. Morris, AM, Brener, S, Dresser, L, et al. Use of a structured panel process to define quality metrics for antimicrobial stewardship programs. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:500–506.
4. Moehring, RW, Anderson, DJ, Cochran, RL, Hicks, LA, Srinivasan, A, Dodds Ashley, E. Expert consensus on metrics to assess the impact of patient-level antimicrobial stewardship interventions in acute care settings. Clin Infect Dis 2017;64:377–383.
5. Ibrahim, OM, Polk, RE. Antimicrobial use metrics and benchmarking to improve stewardship outcomes: methodology, opportunities, and challenges. Infect Dis Clin N Am 2014;28:195–214.
8. Anderson, DJ, Chen, LF, Weber, DJ, et al. Enhanced terminal room disinfection and acquisition and infection caused by multidrug-resistant organisms and Clostridium difficile (the Benefits of Enhanced Terminal Room Disinfection Study): a cluster-randomised, multicentre, crossover study. Lancet (London) 2017;389:805–814.
10. Stenehjem, E, Hersh, AL, Sheng, X, et al. Antibiotic use in small community hospitals. Clin Infect Dis 2016;63:1273–1280.