1. Chan, MS. The global burden of intestinal nematode infections: fifty years on. Parasitology Today 1997; 13: 438–443.
2. Bundy, DAP. Immunoepidemiology of intestinal helminthic infections. 1. The global burden of intestinal nematode disease. Transactions of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 1994; 88: 259–261.
3. Chakrovorty, AK, et al. Health status of rural population of Singur as revealed in repeat general health survey. Indian Journal of Medical Research 1978; 68: 1018–1028.
4. Saha, DR, et al. Intestinal parasitism: a childhood problem in rural Bengal. Journal of Communicable Diseases 1995; 27: 170–174.
5. Nacher, M, et al. Malaria vaccine trials in a wormy world. Trends in Parasitology 2001; 17: 563–565.
6. WHO. Manual for laboratory identification of acute enteric infections, CDD/83-3/Rev. 1987-113, Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1987.
7. WHO. Basic Laboratory Methods in Medical Parasitology, Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization, 1991.
8. Faulkner, CT, et al. Prevalence of endoparasitic infection in children and its relation with cholera prevention efforts in Mexico. Pan American Journal of Public Health 2003; 14: 31–41.
9. Tamang, MD, et al. An outbreak of El Tor cholera in Kavre district, Nepal. Kathmandu University Medical Journal 2005; 3: 138–142.
10. Nagoba, BS, et al. Association of Giardia lamblia with Vibrio in cholera cases. Indian Journal of Pediatrics 1992; 59: 386–387.
11. Actor, JK, et al. Helminthic infection results in decreased virus-specific CD 8 cytotoxic virus-specific T-cell and Th-1 cytokine responses as well as delayed virus clearance. Procedings of National Academy of Sciences USA 1993; 90: 948–952.
12. Cooper, PJ, et al. Human infection with Ascaris lumbricoides is associated with suppression of the interleukin-2 response to recombinant cholera toxin B subunit following vaccination with the live oral cholera vaccine CVD 103-HgR. Infection and Immunity 2001; 69: 1574–1580.
13. Kaper, JB, Morris, JG Jr., Levine, MM. Cholera. Clinical Microbiology Reviews 1995; 8: 48–86.