1. O'Reilly, LM, Daborn, CJ. The epidemiology of Mycobacterium bovis infections in animals and man: a review. Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 1995; 76 (Suppl. 1): 1–46.
2. Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife Disease Laboratory. Summary of Michigan Wildlife Bovine Tuberculosis Surveillance, 1999. Report no. IC 2390-6.
3. Kaneene, JB, et al. Epidemiologic investigation of Mycobacterium bovis in a population of cats. American Journal of Veterinary Research 2002; 63: 1507–1511.
5. Birn, KJ, Clegg, FG, Mason, JA. Canine tuberculosis. Veterinary Record 1965; 77: 1341–1342.
6. Snider, WR, et al. Tuberculosis in canine and feline populations. Study of high risk populations in Pennsylvania, 1966–1968. American Review of Respiratory Disease 1971; 104: 866–876.
7. Greene, CE, Gunn-Moore, DA. Mycobacterial infections: tuberculous mycobacterial infections. In: Greene, CE ed. Infectious Diseases of the Dog and Cat. Philadelphia: W. B. Saunders Company, 1998, pp. 313–321.
8. McLaughlin, AR, Moyle, AI. An epizootic of bovine tuberculosis. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 1974; 164: 396–397.
9. Beinhauer, W. Cats as carriers of tuberculosis in a cow shed. Deutsche Tierärtzliche Wochenschrift 1958; 65: 271.
10. Milbrant, N, Roemmele, O. Cat as cause of tuberculosis reinfection of dairy herd. Deutsche Tierärtzliche Wochenschrift 1960; 67: 17.
11. Pavlas, MH, Vitkovic, L. Role of cats in the dissemination of tuberculosis among cattle. Veterinářství 1965; 15: 389.
12. Schliesser, T, Bachmainer, K. Cat with bovine tuberculosis transmitted disease to cattle. Monatshefte für Tierheilkunde 1957; 6: 23.
13. Snider, WR. Tuberculosis in canine and feline populations. Review of the literature. American Review of Respiratory Disease 1971; 104: 877–887.
14. Isaac, J, et al. An outbreak of Mycobacterium bovis infection in cats in an animal house. Australian Veterinary Journal 1983; 60: 243–245.
15. Bruning-Fann, CS, et al. Bovine tuberculosis in free-ranging carnivores from Michigan. Journal of Wildlife Disease 2001; 37: 58–64.
16. Liu, S, Weitzman, I, Johnson, GG. Canine tuberculosis. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 1980; 177: 164–167.
17. de Lisle, GW, et al. A report of tuberculosis in cats in New Zealand and the examination of strains of Mycobacterium bovis by DNA restriction endonuclease analysis. New Zealand Veterinary Journal 1990; 38: 10–13.
18. U.S. Department of Agriculture. Bovine tuberculosis eradication: uniform methods and rules effective January 22, 1999. Riverdale, MD, USA: United States Department of Agriculture, 1999, APHIS publication no. 91-45-011.
19. Clifford, JR. Instructions and recommended procedures for conducting tuberculosis tests in cattle and bison. Riverdale, MD, USA: United States Department of Agriculture, 2006, Veterinary Services Memorandum No. 552.15.
20. Thoen, CO, Mills, K, Hopkins, MP. Enzymne-linked protein A: an enzyme linked immunosorbent assay reagent for detecting antibodies in tuberculous exotic animals. American Journal of Veterinary Research 1980; 418: 833–835.
21. Kent, PT, Kubica, GP. Public health mycobacteriology A guide for the level III laboratory. Atlanta, GA, USA. United States Department of Health and Human Services, 1985.
22. Reisner, BS, Gatson, AM, Woods, GL. Use of the Gen-Probe Accu-Probes to identify Mycobacterium avium complex, Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex, Mycobacterium kansasii and Mycobacterium gordonae directly from BACTEC TB broth culture. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1994; 32: 2995–2998.
23. Butler, WR, Jost, KC, Kilburn, JO. Identification of Mycobacteria by high performance liquid chromatography. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1991; 29: 2463–2472.
24. Metchock, BG, et al. Mycobacterium. In: Manual of Clinical Microbiology. Washington, D.C., USA: American Society for Microbiology Press, 1995, pp. 400–435.
25. Ragg, JR, Moller, H, Waldrup, KA. The prevalence of bovine tuberculosis (Mycobacterium bovis) infections in feral populations of cats (Felis catus), ferrets (Mustela furo) and stoats (Mustela erminea) in Otago and Southland, New Zealand. New Zealand Veterinary Journal 1995; 43: 333–337.
26. Moines, RJ, et al. Bovine tuberculosis in domestic cats. Veterinary Record 2000; 146: 407–408.