1. Carlson, KM, Justino, H, O'Brien, RE, et al. Transcatheter atrial septal defect closure: modified balloon sizing technique to avoid overstretching the defect and oversizing the Amplatzer septal occluder. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2005; 66: 390–396.
2. Podnar, T, Martanovic, P, Gavora, P, Masura, J. Morphological variations of secundum-type atrial septal defects: feasibility for percutaneous closure using Amplatzer septal occluders. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2001; 53: 386–391.
3. Hellenbrand, WE, Fahey, JT, McGowan, FX, Weltin, GG, Kleinman, CS. Transesophageal echocardiographic guidance of transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect. Am J Cardiol 1990; 66: 207–213.
4. Wilkinson, JL, Goh, TH. Early clinical experience with use of the ‘Amplatzer Septal Occluder’ device for atrial septal defect. Cardiol Young 1998; 8: 295–302.
5. Berger, F, Ewert, P, Dahnert, I, et al. Interventional occlusion of atrial septum defects larger than 20 mm in diameter. Z Kardiol 2000; 89: 1119–1125.
6. Ferreira Martins, JD, Anderson, RH. The anatomy of interatrial communications – what does the interventionist need to know? Cardiol Young 2000; 10: 464–473.
7. Tseng, HC, Hsiao, PN, Lin, YH, Wang, JK, Tsai, SK. Transesophageal echocardiographic monitoring for transcatheter closure of atrial septal defect. J Formos Med Assoc 2000; 99: 684–688.
8. Celiker, A, Ozkutlu, S, Karagoz, T, Ayabakan, C, Bilgic, A. Transcatheter closure of interatrial communications with Amplatzer device: results, unfulfilled attempts and special considerations in children and adolescents. Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 2005; 5: 159–164.
9. Masura, J, Gavora, P, Formanek, A, Hijazi, ZM. Transcatheter closure of secundum atrial septal defects using the new self-centering amplatzer septal occluder: initial human experience. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn 1997; 42: 388–393.
10. Thanopoulos, BD, Laskari, CV, Tsaousis, GS, Zarayelyan, A, Vekiou, A, Papadopoulos, GS. Closure of atrial septal defects with the Amplatzer occlusion device: preliminary results. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 31: 1110–1116.
11. Waight, DJ, Cao, QL, Hijazi, ZM. Closure of patent foramen ovale in patients with orthodeoxia-platypnea using the amplatzer devices. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2000; 50: 195–198.
12. Hijazi, ZM, Cao, Q, Patel, HT, Rhodes, J, Hanlon, KM. Transesophageal echocardiographic results of catheter closure of atrial septal defect in children and adults using the Amplatzer device. Am J Cardiol 2000; 85: 1387–1390.
13. Hijazi, Z, Wang, Z, Cao, Q, Koenig, P, Waight, D, Lang, R. Transcatheter closure of atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale under intracardiac echocardiographic guidance: feasibility and comparison with transesophageal echocardiography. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2001; 52: 194–199.
14. Fu, YC, Hijazi, JM. Closure of secundum atrial septal defect using the Amplatzer septal occluder. In: Sievert H, Qureshi SA, Wilson N, Hijazi ZM (eds). Percutaneous Interventions for Congenital Heart Disease, 1st edn. Informa Healthcare, London, 2007; 265–275.
15. ASD device closure. In: Bergersen L, Foerster S, Marshall AC, Meadows J (eds). Congenital Heart Disease The Catheterization Manual, 1st edn. Springer Science + Business Media, New York, 2009; 115–121.
16. Jan, SL, Hwang, B, Lee, PC, Fu, YC, Chiu, PS, Chi, CS. Intracardiac ultrasound assessment of atrial septal defect: comparison with transthoracic echocardiographic, angiocardiographic, and balloon-sizing measurements. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2001; 24: 84–89.
17. Li, GS, Kong, GM, Ji, QS, et al. Reliability of transthoracic echocardiography in estimating the size of Amplatzer septal occluder and guiding percutaneous closure of atrial septal defects. Chin Med J (Engl) 2008; 121: 973–976.