1. Van Praagh, R, Van Praagh, S, Vlad, P, Keith, JD. Anatomic types of congenital dextrocardia. Diagnostic and embryologic implications. Am J Cardiol 1964; 13: 510–531.
2. Van Mierop, LHS, Patterson, PR, Reynolds, RW. Two cases of congenital asplenia with isomerism of the cardiac atria and the sinoatrial nodes. Am J Cardiol 1964; 13: 407–412.
3. Moller, JH, Nakib, A, Anderson, RC, Edwards, JE. Congenital cardiac disease associated with polysplenia: a developmental complex of bilateral “left-sidedness”. Circulation 1967; 36: 789–799.
4. Landing, BH, Lawrence, TY, Payne, VC Jr, Wells, TR. Bronchial anatomy in syndromes with abnormal visceral situs, abnormal spleen and congenital heart disease. Am J Cardiol 1971; 28: 456–462.
5. Van Praagh, R, David, I, Wright, GB, Van Praagh, S. Large RV plus small LV is not single LV. Circulation 1980; 61: 1057–1058.
6. Macartney, FJ, Zuberbuhler, JR, Anderson, RH. Morphological considerations pertaining to recognition of atrial isomerism. Consequences for sequential chamber localisation. Br Heart J 1980; 44: 657–667.
7. Keeton, BR, Macartney, FJ, Hunter, S, et al. . Univentricular heart of right ventricular type with double or common inlet. Circulation 1979; 59: 403–411.
8. Van Praagh, S, Kreutzer, J, Van Praagh, R. Systemic and pulmonary venous connections in visceral heterotaxy, with emphasis on the diagnosis of the atrial situs: a study of 109 postmortem cases. In: Clark, EB, Takao, A (eds). Developmental Cardiology: Morphogenesis and Function, 1st edn. Futura Publishing Co., Inc., Mount Kisco, NY; 1990, pp. 671–727.
9. Uemura, H, Ho, SY, Devine, WA, Kilpatrick, LL, Anderson, RH. Atrial appendages and venoatrial connections in hearts with patients with visceral heterotaxy. Ann Thorac Surg 1995; 60: 561–569.
10. McElhinney, DB. Searching for order amongst disorders of laterality. Cardiol Young 2007; 17: 264–267.