1. Nickson, CP, Cadogan, MD. Free open access medical education (FOAM) for the emergency physician. Emerg Med Australas 2014;26(1):76-83.
2. Lo, A, Shappell, E, Rosenberg, H, et al. Four strategies to find, evaluate, and engage with online resources in emergency medicine. CJEM
3. Sackett, DL, Straus, SE. Finding and applying evidence during clinical rounds: the “evidence cart.” JAMA 1998;280(15):1336-1338.
4. Roland, D, Spurr, J, Cabrera, D. Preliminary evidence for the emergence of a health care online community of practice: using a netnographic framework for Twitter hashtag analytics. J Med Internet Res 2017;19(7):e252, 10.2196/jmir.7072.
5. Chan, T, Trueger, NS, Roland, D, Thoma, B. Evidence-based medicine in the era of social media: scholarly engagement through participation and online interaction. CJEM 2018;20(1):3-8, 10.1017/cem.2016.407.
6. Cameron, P, Carley, S, Weingart, S, Atkinson, P. CJEM Debate Series: #SocialMedia – Social media has created emergency medicine celebrities who now influence practice more than published evidence. CJEM 2017;19(6):471-474, 10.1017/cem.2017.396.
7. Thoma, B, Murray, H, Huang, SY, et al. The impact of social media promotion with infographics and podcasts on research dissemination and readership. CJEM 2018;20(2):300-306, 10.1017/cem.2017.394.
8. Chan, TM, Grock, A, Paddock, M, et al. Examining reliability and validity of an online score (aliem air) for rating Free Open Access Medical Education resources. Ann Emerg Med 2016;68(6):729-735, 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2016.02.018.10.1016/j.annemergmed.2016.02.018
9. Chan, TM, Thoma, B, Krishnan, K, et al. Derivation of two critical appraisal scores for trainees to evaluate online educational resources: a METRIQ study. West J Emerg Med 2016;17(5):574-584.
10. Thoma, B, Sanders, JL, Lin, M, et al. The social media index: measuring the impact of emergency medicine and critical care websites. West J Emerg Med 2015;16(2):242-249, 10.5811/westjem.2015.1.24860.
11. Purdy, E, Thoma, B, Bednarczyk, J. The use of free online educational resources by Canadian emergency medicine residents and program directors. CJEM 2015;17(2):101-106.