1. O’Connor, RE, Al Ali, AS, Brady, WJ, et al. Part 9: acute coronary syndrome: 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation 2015;132(Suppl 2):S483-S500.
2. O’Gara, PT, Kushner, FG, Ascheim, DD, et al. 2013. ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. J Am Coll Cardiol, 2013(61):e78-e140.
3. Drennan, IR, Verbeek, PR. The role of EMS in regionalized systems of care. CJEM 2015;17:468-474.
4. Sørensen, JT, Mæng, M. Regional systems-of-care for primary percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Coron Artery Dis 2015;26:713-722.
5. Cheskes, S, Turner, L, Foggett, R, et al. Paramedic contact to balloon in less than 90 minutes: a successful strategy for STEMI bypass to primary PCI in a Canadian emergency medical system. Prehosp Emerg Care 2011;15:490-498.
6. Le May, MR, So, DY, Dionne, R, et al. A citywide guideline for primary PCI in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 2008;358:231-240.
7. O’Connor, RE, Brady, W, Brooks, SC, et al. Part 10: acute coronary syndromes: 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation 2010;122(Suppl 3):S787-S817.
8. Ross, G, Alsayed, T, Turner, L, et al. Assessment of the safety and effectiveness of emergency department STEMI bypass by defibrillation-only emergency medical technicians/primary care paramedics. Prehosp Emerg Care 2015;19:191-201.
9. Cantor, WJ, Hoogeveen, P, Robert, A, et al. Prehospital diagnosis and triage of ST-elevation myocardial infarction by paramedics without advanced care training. Am Heart J 2012;164:201-206.
10. Ryan, D, Craig, AM, Turner, L, et al. Clinical events and treatment in prehospital patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Prehosp Emerg Care 2013;17:181-186.
11. De Luca, G, Suryapranata, H, Ottervanger, JP, et al. Time delay to treatment and mortality in primary angioplasty for acute myocardial infarction: every minute of delay counts. Circulation 2004;109:1223-1225.
12. Cone, DC, Lee, CH, Van Gelder, C. EMS activation of the cardiac catheterization laboratory is associated with process improvements in the care of myocardial infarction patients. Prehosp Emerg Care 2013;17:293-298.
13. LeMay, MR, Wells, GA, So, DY, et al. Reduction in mortality as a result of direct transport from the field to a receiving center for primary percutaneous coronary intervention. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012;60:1223-1230.
15. Koeth, O, Nibbe, L, Arntz, HR, et al. for the PREMIR Investigators. Fate of patient with prehospital resuscitation for ST-elevation myocardial infarction and a high rate of reperfusion therapy. Am J Cardiol 2012;109:1733-1737.
16. Tanguay, A, Dallair, R, Hebert, D, et al. Rural patient access to primary percutaneous coronary intervention centers is improved by a novel integrated telemedicine prehospital system. J Emerg Med 2016;49:657-664.
17. Osei-Ampofo, M, Cheskes, S, Byers, A, et al. A novel approach to improve time to first shock in prehospital STEMI complicated by ventricular fibrillation. Prehosp Emerg Care 2016;20:278-282.
18. McNamara, RL, Wang, Y, Herrin, J, et al. for the NRMI Investigators. Effect of door-to-balloon time on mortality in patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;47:2180-2186.