1. Government Report. Extracorporeal lung support technologies – bridge to recovery and bridge to lung transplantation in adult patients: an evidence-based analysis. Ont Health Technol Assess Ser 2010;10(5):1-47.
2. Chung, SY, Tong, MS, Sheu, JJ, et al. Short-term and long-term prognostic outcomes of patients with ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction complicated by profound cardiogenic shock undergoing early extracorporeal membrane oxygenator-assisted primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Int J Cardiol 2016;223:412-417.
3. Cheng, A, Sun, HY, Tsai, MS, et al. Predictors of survival in adults undergoing extracorporeal membrane oxygenation with severe infections. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2016;152(6):1526-1536.e1.
4. Bednarczyk, JM, White, CW, Ducas, RA, et al. Resuscitative extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for in-hospital cardiac arrest: a Canadian observational experience. Resuscitation 2014;85(12):1713-1719.
5. Callaway, CW, Soar, J, Aibiki, M, et al. Part 4: advanced life support: 2015 International consensus on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations. Circulation 2015;132(16 Suppl 1):S84-S145.
6. Choi, DS, Kim, T, Ro, YS, et al. Extracorporeal life support and survival after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in a nationwide registry: a propensity score-matched analysis. Resuscitation 2016;99:26-32.
7. Brooks, SC, Anderson, ML, Bruder, E, et al. Part 6: alternative techniques and ancillary devices for cardiopulmonary resuscitation: 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation 2015;132(18 Suppl 2):S436-S443.
8. Ortega-Deballon, I, Hornby, L, Shemie, SD, et al. Extracorporeal resuscitation for refractory out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in adults: a systematic review of international practices and outcomes. Resuscitation 2016;101:12-20.
9. Kim, SJ, Kim, HJ, Lee, HY, et al. Comparing extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation with conventional cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a meta-analysis. Resuscitation 2016;103:106-116.
12. Grunau, B, Scheuermeyer, FX, Stub, D, et al. Potential candidates for a structured Canadian ECPR program for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. CJEM 2016;4:1-8.
14. Bellezzo, JM, Shinar, Z, Davis, DP, et al. Emergency physician-initiated extracorporeal cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Resuscitation 2012;83(8):966-970.
15. West, S, Soar, J, Callaway, CW. The viability of transplanting organs from donors who underwent cardiopulmonary resuscitation: a systematic review. Resuscitation 2016;108:27-33.
16. Orioles, A, Morrison, WE, Rossano, JW, et al. An under-recognized benefit of cardiopulmonary resuscitation: organ transplantation. Crit Care Med 2013;41(12):2794-2799.
17. Soar, J, Callaway, CW, Aibiki, M, et al. Part 4: advanced life support: 2015 International consensus on cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care science with treatment recommendations. Resuscitation 2015;95:e71-e120.
18. Grunau, B, Reynolds, J, Scheuermeyer, F, et al. Relationship between time-to-ROSC and survival in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest ECPR candidates: when is the best time to consider transport to hospital? Prehosp Emerg Care 2016;20(5):615-622.
19. Grunau, B, Scheuermeyer, FX, Stub, D, et al. Potential candidates for a structured Canadian ECPR program for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. CJEM 2016;18(6):453-460.
20. Perkins, GD, Jacobs, IG, Nadkarni, VM, et al. Cardiac arrest and cardiopulmonary resuscitation outcome reports: update of the Utstein resuscitation registry templates for out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: a statement for healthcare professionals from a task force of the International Liaison Committee on resuscitation (American Heart Association, European Resuscitation Council, Australian and New Zealand Council on Resuscitation, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, InterAmerican Heart Foundation, Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa, Resuscitation Council of Asia); and the American Heart Association Emergency Cardiovascular Care Committee and the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation. Resuscitation 2015;96:328-340.