In the autumn of 1926 an urn-field (fig. 1) was discovered on the site of the war-time allotment gardens on the southern edge of Little Down Common, and about 500 yards NNE. of Pokesdown Station, lat. 50° 44·5′, long. 1° 49·13′. Its discovery was due to the finding of urns when a new road was driven through a long strip that had been sold for building plots. About nine cinerary urns, mostly of the globular type, were found within a small area by the roadmakers, and these have been preserved by Mr. Homewood, the borough surveyor. Several more were discovered on the adjoining plots when the overlying gravel was cleared away. Unfortunately many of these were destroyed, but two went to the Russell-Coates Art Gallery, one to the Bournemouth Natural Science Institute, and some fragments into private hands (figs. 2, 3, and 4).