1. Coutinho, C.P., Baptista, A.J. and Dias Rodrigues, J. Reduced scale models based on similitude theory: a review up to 2015, Engineering Structures, 2016, 119, pp 81–94.
2. Krayterman, B. and Sabnis, G.M. Similitude theory: plates and shells analysis, J Engineering Mechanics, 1984, 110, (9), pp 1247–1263.
3. Morgen, G.W. Scaling techniques for orthotropic cylindrical aerospace structures, 5th Annual Structures and Materials Conference, Downey, California, US, 1964, pp 333–343.
4. Soedel, W. Similitude approximations for vibrating thin shells, J Acoustical Society of America, 1971, 48, (5B), pp 1535–1541.
5. Chouchaoui, C.S. and Ochoa, O.O. Similitude study for a laminated cylindrical tube under tensile, torsion, bending, internal and external pressure, Part I: governing equations. Composite Structures
, 1999, 44, (4), pp 221–229.
6. Torkamani, S., Navazi, H.M., Jafari, A.A., et al. Structural similitude in free vibration of orthogonally stiffened cylindrical shells, Thin-Walled Structures, 2009, 47, (11), pp 1316–1330.
7. Yazdi, A.A. and Rezaeepazhand, J. Applicability of small-scale models in prediction flutter pressure of delaminated composite beam-plates, Int J Damage Mechanics, 2013, 22, (4), pp 590–601.
8. Yazdi, A.A. and Rezaeepazhand, J. Accuracy of scale models for flutter prediction of cross-ply laminated plates, J Reinforced Plastics and Composites, 2011, 30, (30), pp 45–52.
9. Yazdi, A.A. and Rezaeepazhand, J. Structural similitude for flutter of delaminated composite beam-plates, Composite Structures, 2011, 93, (7), pp 1918–1922.
10. Rezaeepazhand, J. and Yazdi, A.A. Structural similitude for vibration of delaminated composite beam-plates, Key Engineering Materials, 2009, 417-418, (7), pp 749–752.
11. Rezaeepazhand, J. and Wisnom, M.R. Scaled models for predicting buckling of delaminated orthotropic beam-plates, Composite Structures, 2009, 90, (1), pp 87–91.
12. Ferro, V. Deducing a drain spacing formula by applying dimensional analysis and self-similarity theory, J Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 2016, 142, (4), pp 04016004.
13. Caraballo-Arias, N.A., Conoscenti, C., Stefano, C.D., et al. A new empirical model for estimating calanchi Erosion in Sicily, Italy, Geomorphology, 2015, 231: 292–300.
14. Ferro, V. Deducing the USLE mathematical structure by dimensional analysis and self-similarity theory, Biosystems Engineering, 2010, 106, (2), pp 216–220.
15. Capra, A., Stefano, C.D., Ferro, V., et al. Similarity between morphological characteristics of rills and ephemeral gullies in Sicily, Italy, Hydrological Processes, 2010, 23, (23), pp 3334–3341.
17. Luo, Z., Zhu, Y.P., Zhao, X.Y., et al. Determination method of dynamic distorted scaling laws and applicable structure size intervals of a rotating thin-wall short cylindrical shell, ARCHIVE Proceedings of the Institution of Mech Engineers Part C J Mech Engineering Sci 1989-1996 (vols 203–210), 2014, 229, (5), pp 806–817.
18. Luo, Z., Zhu, Y.P., Chen, X.B., et al. Determination method of the structure size intervals of dynamic distorted model of elastic cantilever thin plate, Adv Mech Engineering, 2014, (6), pp 1–10.
19. Zhu, Y.B., Luo, Z., Zhao, X.Y., et al. Determination method of the structure size interval of dynamically similar models for predicting vibration characteristics of the coated thin plates, ARCHIVE Proceedings of the Institution of Mech Engineers Part C J Mech Engineering Sci, 2015, 229, (1), pp 59–68.
20. Rosa, S.D. and Franco, F. Analytical similitudes applied to thin cylindrical shells, Advances in aircraft and spacecraft science. 2015, 2, (4), pp 403–425.
21. Cho, U. Online functional testing with rapid prototypes: a novel empirical similarity method, Rapid Prototyping J, 1998, 4, (3), pp 128–138.
22. Tadepalli, S. and Wood, K.L. Empirical similarity analysis using adaptive trigonometric functions. ASME 2009 International Design Engineering Technical Conferences and Computers and Information in Engineering Conference. 2009, 777–787.
23. Dutson, A.J. and Wood, K.L. Using rapid prototypes for functional evaluation of evolutionary product designs, Rapid Prototyping J, 2005, 11, (3), pp 125–131.
24. Cho, U., Dutson, A.J., Wood, K.L., et al. An advanced method to correlate scale models with distorted configurations, J Mech Design, 2005, 127, (1), pp 78–85.
25. Tadepalli, S. and Wood, K.L. Adaptive methods for non-linear empirical similitude method, ASME 2008 Int Mech Engineering Congress and Exposition, 2008, 14, 145–155.
26. Craig R. R., Kurdila A. J. Fundamentals of Structural Dynamics, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2006, Hoboken, New Jersey, US. ISBN: 9780471430445..
27. Xing, Y.F., Pan, Z.W. and Yang, Y. Three solution models of lateral frequencies of stiffening cylindrical shell, J Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, 2012, 38, (4), pp 438–443.