1. Achim, AM, Maziade, M, Raymond, E, Olivier, D, Mérette, C Roy, M-A (2011) How prevalent are anxiety disorders in schizophrenia? A meta-analysis and critical review on a significant association. Schizophr Bull 37, 811–821.
2. Rapp, EK, White-Ajmani, ML, Antonius, D, Goetz, RR, Harkavy-Friedman, JM, Savitz, AJ, Malaspina, D Kahn, JP (2012) Schizophrenia comorbid with panic disorder: evidence for distinct cognitive profiles. Psychiatr Res 197, 206–211.
3. Baynes, D, Mulholland, C ,Cooper, SJ, Montgomery, RC, MacFlynn, G, Lynch, G, Kelly, C King, DJ (2000) Depressive symptoms in stable chronic schizophrenia: prevalence and relationship to psychopathology and treatment. Schizophr Res 45, 47–56.
4. Buckley, PF, Miller, BJ, Lehrer, DS Castle, DJ (2009) Psychiatric comorbidities and schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull 35, 383–402.
5. Poyurovsky, M, Kriss, V, Weisman, G, Faragian, S, Kurs, R, Schneidman, M, Fuchs, C, Weizman, A Weizman, R (2003) Comparison of clinical characteristics and comorbidity in schizophrenia patients with and without obsessive-compulsive disorder: schizophrenic and OC symptoms in schizophrenia. J Clin Psychiatry 64, 1300–1307.
6. Poyurovsky, M, Hramenkov, S, Isakov, V, Rauchverger, B, Modai, I, Schneidman, M, Fuchs, C Weizman, A (2001) Obsessive-compulsive disorder in hospitalized patients with chronic schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res 102, 49–57.
7. Poyurovsky, M Koran, LM (2005) Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) with schizotypy vs. schizophrenia with OCD: diagnostic dilemmas and therapeutic implications. J Psychiatr Res 39, 399–408.
8. Poyurovsky, M, Faragian, S, Pashinian, A, Heidrach, L, Fuchs, C, Weizman, R Koran, L (2008) Clinical characteristics of schizotypal-related obsessive-compulsive disorder. Psychiatr Res 159, 254–258.
9. Nechmad, A, Ratzoni, G, Poyurovsky, M, Meged, S, Avidan, G, Fuchs, C, Bloch, Y Weizman, R (2003) Obsessive-compulsive disorder in adolescent schizophrenia patients. Am J Psychiatry 160, 1002–1004.
10. Bottas, A, Cooke, RG Richter, MA (2005) Comorbidity and pathophysiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder in schizophrenia: is there evidence for a schizo-obsessive subtype of schizophrenia? J Psychiatry Neurosci 30, 187–193.
11. Baer, L, Jenike, MA, Ricciardi, JN 2nd, Holland, AD, Seymour, RJ, Minichiello, WE Buttolph, ML (1990) Standardized assessment of personality disorders in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 47, 826–830.
12. Matsunaga, H, Kiriike, N, Matsui, T, Oya, K, Iwasaki, Y, Koshimune, K, Miyata, A Stein, DJ (2002) Obsessive-compulsive disorder with poor insight. Compr Psychiatry 43, 150–157.
13. Decker, HS (2004) The psychiatric works of Emil Kraepelin: a many-faceted story of modern medicine. J Hist Neurosci 13, 248–276.
14. Steinberg, H, Carius, D, Fontenelle, LF, Steinberg, H, Carius, D Fontenelle, LF (2017) Kraepelin’s views on obsessive neurosis: a comparison with DSM-5 criteria for obsessive-compulsive disorder. Rev Bras Psiquiatr 39, 355–364.
15. Bleuler, E (1956) Dementia Praecox or the Group of Schizophrenias. New York, NY: International University Press.
16. Stengel, E (1945) A study on some clinical aspects of the relationship between obsessional neurosis and psychotic reaction types. J Ment Sci 91, 166–184.
17. Hoch, P Polatin, P (1949) Pseudoneurotic forms of schizophrenia. Psychiatr Q 23, 248–276.
18. Hoch, P, Cattell, J, Strahl, M Pennes, H (1962) The course and outcome of pseudoneurotic schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry 119, 106–115.
19. Niendam, TA, Berzak, J, Cannon, TD Bearden, CE (2009) Obsessive compulsive symptoms in the psychosis prodrome: correlates of clinical and functional outcome. Schizophr Res 108, 170–175.
20. Eisen, JL, Beer, DA, Pato, MT, Venditto, TA Rasmussen, SA (1997) Obsessive-compulsive disorder in patients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Am J Psychiatry 154, 271–273.
21. Karno, M, Golding, JM, Sorenson, SB Burnam, MA (1988) The epidemiology of obsessive-compulsive disorder in five US communities. Arch Gen Psychiatry 45, 1094–1099.
22. Tibbo, P, Kroetsch, M, Chue, P Warneke, L (2000) Obsessive-compulsive disorder in schizophrenia. J Psychiatr Res 34, 139–146.
23. Fenton, WS McGlashan, TH (1986) The prognostic significance of obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry 143, 437–441.
24. de Haan, L, Schirmbeck, F Zink, M (2015) Obsessive-Compulsive Symptoms in Schizophrenia. Switzerland: Springer.
25. Schirmbeck, F Zink, M (2013) Comorbid obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: contributions of pharmacological and genetic factors. Fron Pharmacol 4, 1–14.
26. de Haan, L, Sterk, B Van der Valk, R (2013) Presence of obsessive compulsive symptoms in first-episode schizophrenia or related disorders is associated with subjective well-being and quality of life. Early Interv Psychiatry 7, 285–290.
27. de Haan, L, Sterk, B, Wouters, L Linszen, DH (2013) The 5-year course of obsessive-compulsive symptoms and obsessive-compulsive disorder in first-episode schizophrenia and related disorders. Schizophr Bull 39, 151–160.
28. Swets, M, Dekker, J, Van Emmerik-van Oortmerssen, K, Smid, GE, Smit, F, de Haan, L Schoevers, RA (2014) The obsessive compulsive spectrum in schizophrenia, a meta-analysis and meta-regression exploring prevalence rates. Schizophr Res 152, 458–468.
29. Frías-Ibáñez, A, Palma-Sevillano, C Farriols-Hernando, N (2014) Comorbidity between obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizophrenia: prevalence, explanatory theories, and nosological status. Actas Esp Psiquiatr 42, 28–38.
30. Scotti-Muzzi, E Saide, OL (2017) Schizo-obsessive spectrum disorders: an update. CNS Spectr 22, 258–272.
31. Fontenelle, LF, Lin, A, Pantelis, C, Wood, SJ, Nelson, B Yung, AR (2011) A longitudinal study of obsessive-compulsive disorder in individuals at ultra-high risk for psychosis. J Psychiatr Res 45, 1140–1145.
32. Cederlöf, M, Lichtenstein, P, Larsson, H, Boman, M, Rück, C, Landén, M Mataix-Cols, D (2015) Obsessive-compulsive disorder, psychosis, and bipolarity: a longitudinal cohort and multigenerational family study. Schizophr Bull 41, 1076–1083.
33. Meier, SM, Petersen, L, Pedersen, MG, Arendt, MC, Nielsen, PR, Mattheisen, M, Mors, O Mortensen, PB (2014) Obsessive-compulsive disorder as a risk factor for schizophrenia: a nationwide study. JAMA Psychiatry 71, 1215–1221.
34. Busatto, GF Kerwin, RW (1997) Perspectives on the role of serotonergic mechanisms in the pharmacology of schizophrenia. J Psychopharmacol (Oxford) 11, 3–12.
35. Goodman, WK, McDougle, CJ, Price, LH, Riddle, MA, Pauls, DL Leckman, JF (1990) Beyond the serotonin hypothesis: a role for dopamine in some forms of obsessive compulsive disorder? J Clin Psychiatry 51(Suppl. 36–43); discussion 55–58.
36. Venkatasubramanian, G, Rao, NP Behere, RV (2009) Neuroanatomical, neurochemical, and neurodevelopmental basis of obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia. Indian J Psychol Med 31, 3–10.
37. Kang, D-H, Kim, SH, Kim, CW, Choi, JS, Jang, JH, Jung, MH, Lee, JM, Kim, SI Kwon, JS (2008) Thalamus surface shape deformity in obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizophrenia. Neuroreport 19, 609–613.
38. Kwon, JS, Shin, Y-W, Kim, CW, Kim, YI, Youn, T, Han, MH, Chang, KH Kim, JJ (2003) Similarity and disparity of obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizophrenia in MR volumetric abnormalities of the hippocampus-amygdala complex. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74, 962–964.
39. Fonseka, TM, Richter, MA Müller, DJ (2014) Second generation antipsychotic-induced obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: a review of the experimental literature. Curr Psychiatry Rep 16, 510.
40. Lykouras, L, Alevizos, B, Michalopoulou, P Rabavilas, A (2003) Obsessive-compulsive symptoms induced by atypical antipsychotics. A review of the reported cases. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 27, 333–346.
41. Scheltema Beduin, AA, Swets, M, Machielsen, M, Korver, N Genetic, Risk, Outcome of Psychosis Investigators (2012) Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in patients with schizophrenia: a naturalistic cross-sectional study comparing treatment with clozapine, olanzapine, risperidone, and no antipsychotics in 543 patients. J Clin Psychiatry 73, 1395–1402.
42. Schirmbeck, F, Rausch, F, Englisch, S, Eifler, S, Esslinger, C, Meyer-Lindenberg, A Zink, M (2013) Differential effects of antipsychotic agents on obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: a longitudinal study. J Psychopharmacol (Oxford) 27, 349–357.
43. Schirmbeck, F, Esslinger, C, Rausch, F, Englisch, S, Meyer-Lindenberg, A Zink, M (2011) Antiserotonergic antipsychotics are associated with obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia. Psychol Med 41, 2361–2373.
44. Stewart, SE, Fagerness, JA, Platko, J, Smoller, JW, Scharf, JM, Illmann, C, Jenike, E, Chabane, N, Leboyer, M, Delorme, R, Jenike, MA Pauls, DL (2007) Association of the SLC1A1 glutamate transporter gene and obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am J Med Genet 144B, 1027–1033.
45. Veenstra-VanderWeele, J, Kim, S-J, Gonen, D, Hanna, GL, Leventhal, BL Cook, EH Jr (2001) Genomic organization of the SLC1A1/EAAC1 gene and mutation screening in early-onset obsessive-compulsive disorder. Mol Psychiatry 6, 160–167.
46. Wendland, JR, Moya, PR, Timpano, KR, Anavitarte, AP, Kruse, MR, Wheaton, MG, Ren-Patterson, RF Murphy, DL (2009) A haplotype containing quantitative trait loci for SLC1A1 gene expression and its association with obsessive-compulsive disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry 66, 408–416.
47. Oulis, P, Konstantakopoulos, G, Lykouras, L Michalopoulou, PG (2013) Differential diagnosis of obsessive-compulsive symptoms from delusions in schizophrenia: a phenomenological approach. World J Psychiatry 3, 50–56.
48. Tonna, M, Ottoni, R, Paglia, F, Monici, A, Ossola, P, DE Panfilis, C Marchesi, C (2016) Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia and in obsessive-compulsive disorder: differences and similarities. J Psychiatr Pract 22, 111–116.
49. Boyette, L, Swets, M, Meijer, C Wouters, L, GROUP Authors (2011) Factor structure of the Yale-Brown Obsessive-Compulsive Scale (Y-BOCS) in a large sample of patients with schizophrenia or related disorders and comorbid obsessive-compulsive symptoms. Psychiatry Res 186, 409–413.
50. Kim, JH, Ryu, S, Nam, HJ, Lim, M, Baek, JH, Joo, YH, Kwon, JS, Ha, TH Hong, KS (2012) Symptom structure of antipsychotic-induced obsessive compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia patients. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 39, 75–79.
51. Seedat, F, Roos, JL, Pretorius, HW, Karayiorgou, M Nel, B (2007) Prevalence and clinical characteristics of obsessive-compulsive disorder and obsessive compulsive symptoms in Afrikaner schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder patients. Afr J Psychiatry (Johannesbg) 10, 219–224.
52. Roth, RM, Baribeau, J (2000) The relationship between schizotypal and obsessive-compulsive features in university students. Pers Individ Dif 29, 1083–1093.
53. Eisen, JL Rasmussen, SA (1993) Obsessive compulsive disorder with psychotic features. J Clin Psychiatry 54, 373–379.
54. Harris, CL Dinn, WM (2003) Subtyping obsessive-compulsive disorder: neuropsychological correlates. Behav Neurol 14, 75–87.
55. Jenike, MA, Baer, L, Minichiello, WE, Schwartz, CE Carey, RJ (1986) Concomitant obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizotypal personality disorder. Am J Psychiatry 143, 530–532.
56. Mundo, E, Erzegovesi, S Bellodi, L (1995) Follow-up of obsessive–compulsive 726 patients treated with proserotonergic agents. J Clin Psychopharmacol 15, 288–289.
57. McDougle, CJ, Goodman, WK, Price, LH, Delgado, PL, Krystal, JH, Charney, DS Heninger, GR (1990) Neuroleptic addition in fluvoxamine-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder. Am J Psychiatry 147, 652–654.
58. Bogetto, F, Bellino, S, Vaschetto, P Ziero, S (2000) Olanzapine augmentation of fluvoxamine-refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): a 12-week open trial. Psychiatry Res 96, 91–98.
59. Cunill, R, Castells, X Simeon, D (2009) Relationships between obsessive-compulsive symptomatology and severity of psychosis in schizophrenia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Psychiatry 70, 70–82.
60. Poyurovsky, M, Weizman, A Weizman, R (2004) Obsessive-compulsive disorder in schizophrenia: clinical characteristics and treatment. CNS Drugs 18, 989–1010.
61. Cunill, R Castells, X (2011)) Schizo-obsessive disorder. In: Ritsner M, editor Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders, vol. II. London and Dordrecht: Springer, pp. 403–448.
62. Ritsner, MS (2011)) Handbook of schizophrenia spectrum disorders: phenotypic and endophenotypic presentations. London: Springer Science & Business Media.
63. Kozak, MJ Foa, EB (1994) Obsessions, overvalued ideas, and delusions in obsessive-compulsive disorder. Behav Res Ther 32, 343–353.
64. Berman, I, Merson, A, Viegner, B, Losonczy, MF, Pappas, D Green, AI (1998) Obsessions and compulsions as a distinct cluster of symptoms in schizophrenia: a neuropsychological study. J Nerv Ment Dis. 186, 150–156.
65. Ongür, D Goff, DC (2005) Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: associated clinical features, cognitive function and medication status. Schizophr Res 75, 349–362.
66. Tumkaya, S, Karadag, F, Oguzhanoglu, NK, Tekkanat, C, Varma, G, Ozdel, O Ateşçi, F (2009) Schizophrenia with obsessive-compulsive disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder with poor insight: a neuropsychological comparison. Psychiatry Res 165, 38–46.
67. Whitney, KA, Fastenau, PS, Evans, JD Lysaker, PH (2004) Comparative neuropsychological function in obsessive-compulsive disorder and schizophrenia with and without obsessive-compulsive symptoms. Schizophr Res 69, 75–83.
68. Frías, Á, Palma, C, Farriols, N, Becerra, C, Álvarez, A Cañete, J (2014) Neuropsychological profile and treatment-related features among patients with comorbidity between schizophrenia spectrum disorder and obsessive–compulsive disorder: is there evidence for a ‘schizo-obsessive’ subtype? Psychiatry Res 220, 846–854.
69. Schirmbeck, F, Rausch, F, Englisch, S, Eifler, S, Esslinger, C, Meyer-Lindenberg, A Zink, M (2013) Stable cognitive deficits in schizophrenia patients with comorbid obsessive-compulsive symptoms: a 12-month longitudinal study. Schizophr Bull 39, 1261–1271.
American Psychiatric Association
(2013) Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (DSM-5®). Arlington,VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
World Health Organization
(1992) The ICD-10 classification of mental and behavioural disorders: clinical descriptions and diagnostic guidelines. Geneva: World Health Organization.
72. Luciano, M (2015) The ICD-11 beta draft is available online. World Psychiatry 14, 375–376.
73. Reed, GM, First, MB, Elena Medina‐Mora, M, Gureje, O, Pike, KM Saxena, S (2016) Draft diagnostic guidelines for ICD‐11 mental and behavioural disorders available for review and comment. World Psychiatry 15, 112–113.
World Health Organization
. ICD-11 Beta Draft - mortality and morbidity statistics. Available at https://icd.who.int/dev11/l-m/en. Accessed February 25, 2018.
75. Zink, M (2014) Comorbid obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: insight into pathomechanisms facilitates treatment. Advances in Medicine 2014, 1–18.
76. Huppert, JD, Walther, MR, Hajcak, G, Yadin, E, Foa, EB, Simpson, HB Liebowitz, MR (2007) The OCI-R: validation of the subscales in a clinical sample. J Anxiety Disord 21, 394–406.
77. Opakunle, T, Aloba, O, Akinsulore, A, Opakunle, O Fatoye, F (2018) Obsessive-compulsive inventory-revised: factor structure, reliability, validity, and suicide risk screening characteristics among Nigerian patients with schizophrenia. J Neurosci Rural Pract 9, 219–225.
78. Fernandez-Egea, E, Worbe, Y, Bernardo, M Robbins, TW (2018) Distinct risk factors for obsessive and compulsive symptoms in chronic schizophrenia. Psychol Med 1–8.
79. Veale, D, Miles, S, Smallcombe, N, Ghezai, H, Goldacre, B Hodsoll, J (2014) Atypical antipsychotic augmentation in SSRI treatment refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Psychiatry 14, 317.
80. Bloch, MH, Landeros-Weisenberger, A, Kelmendi, B, Coric, V, Bracken, MB Leckman, JF (2006) A systematic review: antipsychotic augmentation with treatment refractory obsessive-compulsive disorder. Mol Psychiatry 11, 622–632.
81. Englisch, S, Esslinger, C, Inta, D, Weinbrenner, A, Peus, V, Gutschalk, A, Schirmbeck, F Zink, M (2009) Clozapine-induced obsessive-compulsive syndromes improve in combination with aripiprazole. Clin Neuropharmacol 32, 227–229.
82. Kim, S-W, Shin, I-S, Kim, JM, Youn, T, Yang, SJ, Hwang, MY Yoon, JS (2009) The 5-HT2 receptor profiles of antipsychotics in the pathogenesis of obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia. Clin Neuropharmacol 32, 224–226.
83. Schönfelder, S, Schirmbeck, F, Waltereit, R, Englisch, S Zink, M (2011) Aripiprazole improves olanzapine-associated obsessive compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia. Clin Neuropharmacol 34, 256–257.
84. Poyurovsky, M (2013) Antipsychotic-drug-induced obsessive–compulsive symptoms. In: Poyurvosky M editors Schizo-obsessive disorder. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 213–222.
85. Berman, I, Sapers, BL, Chang, HH, Losonczy, MF, Schmildler, J Green, AI (1995) Treatment of obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenic patients with clomipramine. J Clin Psychopharmacol 15, 206–210.
86. Zohar, J, Kaplan, Z Benjamin, J (1993) Clomipramine treatment of obsessive compulsive symptomatology in schizophrenic patients. J Clin Psychiatry 54, 385–388.
87. Kantrowitz, JT Tampi, RR (2008) Risk of psychosis exacerbation by tricyclic antidepressants in unipolar Major Depressive Disorder with psychotic features. J Affect Disord 106, 279–284.
88. Poyurovsky, M, Isakov, V, Hromnikov, S, Modai, I, Rauchberger, B, Schneidman, M Weizman, A (1999) Fluvoxamine treatment of obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenic patients: an add-on open study. Int Clin Psychopharmacol 14, 95–100.
89. Reznik, I Sirota, P (2000) Obsessive and compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: a randomized controlled trial with fluvoxamine and neuroleptics. J Clin Psychopharmacol 20, 410–416.
90. Agarwal, V Agarwal, KM (2000) Treatment of obsessive compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia with fluoxetine. Indian J Psychiatry 42, 291–294.
91. Geller, DA, Biederman, J, Stewart, SE, Mullin, B, Farrell, C, Wagner, KD, Emslie, G Carpenter, D (2003) Impact of comorbidity on treatment response to paroxetine in pediatric obsessive-compulsive disorder: is the use of exclusion criteria empirically supported in randomized clinical trials? J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 13(Suppl. 1):S19–S29.
92. Poyurovsky, M, Kurs, R Weizman, A (2003) Olanzapine-sertraline combination in schizophrenia with obsessive-compulsive disorder. J Clin Psychiatry 64, 611.
93. Rahman, MS, Grace, JJ, Pato, MT Priest, B (1998) Sertraline in the treatment of clozapine-induced obsessive-compulsive behavior. Am J Psychiatry 155, 1629–1630.
94. Hemeryck, A Belpaire, FM (2002) Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and cytochrome P-450 mediated drug-drug interactions: an update. Curr Drug Metab 3, 13–37.
95. Schirmbeck, F Zink, M (2012) Clozapine-induced obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: a critical review. Curr Neuropharmacol 10, 88–95.
96. Poyurovsky, M, Glick, I Koran, LM (2010) Lamotrigine augmentation in schizophrenia and schizoaffective patients with obsessive-compulsive symptoms. J Psychopharmacol (Oxford) 24, 861–866.
97. Schwarz, C, Volz, A, Li, C Leucht, S (2008) Valproate for schizophrenia. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 11, CD004028.
98. Tundo, A Necci, R (2016) Cognitive-behavioural therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder co-occurring with psychosis: systematic review of evidence. World J Psychiatry 6, 449–455.
99. Tundo, A, Salvati, L, Spigno, DD, Di Spigno, D, Cieri, L, Parena, A, Necci, R Sciortino, S (2012) Cognitive-behavioral therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder as a comorbidity with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder. Psychother Psychosom 81, 58–60.
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
(2014) Psychosis and schizophrenia in adults: prevention and management. Guidance and guidelines. London: The British Psychological Society and The Royal College of Psychiatrists. Available at https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg178. Accessed July 6, 2018.
101. Fontenelle, LF, Coutinho, ESF, Lins-Martins, NM, Fitzgerald, PB, Fujiwara, H Yücel, M (2015) Electroconvulsive therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder: a systematic review. J Clin Psychiatry 76, 949–957.
102. Mendes-Filho, VA, Belmonte-de-Abreu, P, Pedrini, M, Cachoeira, CT Lobato, MR (2013) rTMS as an add-on treatment for resistant obsessive-compulsive symptoms in patients with schizophrenia: report of three cases. Rev Bras Psiquiatr 35, 211.
103. Mendes-Filho, VA, De Jesus, DR, Belmonte-de-Abreu, P, Cachoeira, CT Rodrigues Lobato, MI (2016) Effects of repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation over supplementary motor area in patients with schizophrenia with obsessive-compulsive-symptoms: a pilot study. Psychiatry Res 242, 34–38.
104. Lehman, AF, Lieberman, JA, Dixon, LB, McGlashan, TH, Miller, AL, Perkins, DO Kreyenbuhl, J (2004) Practice guideline for the treatment of patients with schizophrenia,second edition. American Psychiatric Association; Steering Committee on Practice Guidelines. Am J Psychiatry 161, 1–56.
105. Poyurovsky, M (2013) Treatment of schizophrenia with obsessive–compulsive symptoms. In: Poyurvosky M editors Schizo-obsessive disorder. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 194–212.
106. Poyurovsky, M, Zohar, J, Glick, I, Koran, LM, Weizman, R, Tandon, R Weizman, A (2012) Obsessive-compulsive symptoms in schizophrenia: implications for future psychiatric classifications. Compr Psychiatry 53, 480–483.