- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2010
- Print publication year: 1995
- Online ISBN: 9780511526213
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511526213
Stochastic partial differential equations can be used in many areas of science to model complex systems that evolve over time. Their analysis is currently an area of much research interest. This book consists of papers given at the ICMS Edinburgh meeting held in 1994 on this topic, and it brings together some of the world's best known authorities on stochastic partial differential equations. Subjects covered include the stochastic Navier–Stokes equation, critical branching systems, population models, statistical dynamics, and ergodic properties of Markov semigroups. For all workers on stochastic partial differential equations this book will have much to offer.