1. , , , . Benefits of luteinizing hormone activity in ovarian stimulation for IVF. Reprod Biomed Online 2009;18 Suppl 2:31–36.
2. , . Clinical review 126: Roles and novel regimens of luteinizing hormone and follicle-stimulating hormone in ovulation induction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86:1437–1441.
3. , , , et al. The use of LH activity to drive folliculogenesis: exploring uncharted territories in ovulation induction. Hum Reprod Update 2002;8:543–557.
4. . Human recombinant luteinizing hormone is as effective as, but safer than, urinary human chorionic gonadotropin in inducing final follicular maturation and ovulation in in vitro fertilization procedures: results of a multicenter double-blind study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86:2607–2618.
5. , , . Use of recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin in ovulation induction. Fertil Steril 2003;79:1051–1059.
6. , , , et al. Batch-to-batch consistency of human-derived gonadotrophin preparations compared with recombinant preparations. Reprod Biomed Online 2005;10:442–454.
7. , , . Follicular oestrogen synthesis: the ‘two-cell, two-gonadotrophin’ model revisited. Mol Cell Endocrinol 1994;100:51–54.
8. , , , et al. Luteinizing hormone activity supplementation enhances follicle-stimulating hormone efficacy and improves ovulation induction outcome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:2659–2663.
9. , , , et al. Luteinzing hormone activity in menotropins optimizes folliculogenesis and treatment in controlled ovarian stimulation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86:337–343.
10. , , , et al. Modulation of folliculogenesis and steroidogenesis in women by graded menotrophin administration. Hum Reprod 2002;17:2009–2015.
11. , , , et al. Efficacy of low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin alone to complete controlled ovarian stimulation. Fertil Steril 2005;84:394–401.
12. , , , et al. Highly purified hMG versus recombinant FSH in ovarian hyperstimulation with GnRH antagonists—a randomized study. Hum Reprod 2008;23:2346–2351.
13. , , , et al. Premature luteinization during gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles and its relationship with in vitro fertilization outcome. Fertil Steril 2003;80: 1444–1449.
14. , , , et al. A prospective, randomized, controlled trial comparing highly purified hMG with recombinant FSH in women undergoing ICSI: ovarian response and clinical outcomes. Hum Reprod 2003;18:1194–1199.
15. , , , . Clinical profiling of recombinant follicle stimulating hormone (rFSH; Puregon): relationship between serum FSH and efficacy. Hum Reprod Update 1996;2:153–161.
16. . Efficacy and safety of highly purified menotropin versus recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone in in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles: a randomized, comparative trial. Fertil Steril 2002;78:520–528.
16A. , , , , , . Exogenous luteinizing hormone activity may influence the treatment outcome in in vitro fertilization but not in intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles. Fertil Steril 2004;81:1401–1404.
17. , , . Clinical outcome following stimulation with highly purified hMG or recombinant FSH in patients undergoing IVF: a randomized assessor-blind controlled trial. Hum Reprod 2006;21:3217–3227.
18. , , , ; . Endocrine profile in serum and follicular fluid differs after ovarian stimulation with HP-hMG or recombinant FSH in IVF patients. Hum Reprod 2007;22:676–687.
19. , , , ; . Effectiveness of highly purified human menopausal gonadotropin vs. recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone in first-cycle in vitro fertilization-intracytoplasmic sperm injection patients. Fertil Steril 2008;89:1685–1693.
20. . Recombinant human luteinizing hormone (LH) to support recombinant human follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)-induced follicular development in LH- and FSH-deficient anovulatory women: a dose-finding study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1998;83:1507–1514.
21. , , , , . A prospective, randomized comparison of ovulation induction using highly purified follicle-stimulating hormone alone and with recombinant human luteinizing hormone in in-vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1999;14:2230–2235.
22. , , , et al. Recombinant human LH supplementation during GnRH antagonist administration in IVF/ICSI cycles: a prospective randomized study. Hum Reprod 2004;19:1979–1984.
23. , , , . Effects of recombinant LH supplementation in women undergoing assisted reproduction with GnRH agonist down-regulation and stimulation with recombinant FSH: an opening study. Reprod Biomed Online 2004;8:635–643.
24. , , , et al. Effects of recombinant human luteinizing hormone supplementation on ovarian stimulation and the implantation rate in down-regulated women of advanced reproductive age. Fertil Steril 2006;85: 925–931.
25. , , , et al.; Nordic LH study group. Recombinant LH supplementation to recombinant FSH during the final days of controlled ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization. A multicentre, prospective, randomized, controlled trial. Hum Reprod 2008;23:427–434.
26. , , , et al. Ovarian response and pregnancy outcome in poor-responder women: a randomized controlled trial on the effect of luteinizing hormone supplementation on in vitro fertilization cycles. Fertil Steril 2008;89:546–553.
27. , , . Results with early follicular phase recombinant luteinizing hormone supplementation during stimulation for in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 2010;93:475–479.
28. , , , et al. Randomized trial to compare the effect of recombinant human FSH (follitropin alfa) with or without recombinant human LH in women undergoing assisted reproduction treatment. Reprod Biomed Online 2004;8:175–182.
29. , , , et al. Luteinizing hormone supplementation increases pregnancy rates in gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist donor cycles. Fertil Steril 2004;82:343–347.
30. , , , et al. Effects of recombinant LH (rLH) supplementation during controlled ovarian hyperstimulation (COH) in normogonadotrophic women with an initial inadequate response to recombinant FSH (rFSH) after pituitary downregulation. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2004;60:637–643.
31. , , , et al.; Italian Collaborative Group on Recombinant Human Luteinizing Hormone. Recombinant human LH supplementation versus recombinant human FSH (rFSH) step-up protocol during controlled ovarian stimulation in normogonadotrophic women with initial inadequate ovarian response to rFSH. A multicentre, prospective, randomized controlled trial. Hum Reprod 2005;20:390–396.
32. , , , et al. Evaluation of two doses of recombinant luteinizing hormone supplementation in an unselected group of women undergoing follicular stimulation for in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 2005;83:309–315.
33. Jr, , , et al. Effects of recombinant LH supplementation to recombinant FSH during induced ovarian stimulation in the GnRH-agonist protocol: a matched case-control study. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2009;7:58.
34. , , , et al.; . Effects of recombinant LH treatment on folliculogenesis and responsiveness to FSH stimulation. Hum Reprod 2008;23:421–426.
35. , , , et al.; . Does the addition of recombinant LH in WHO group II anovulatory women over-responding to FSH treatment reduce the number of developing follicles? A dose-finding study. Hum Reprod 2005;20:629–635.
36. , , , et al. Low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin therapy can improve sensitivity to exogenous follicle-stimulating hormone in patients with secondary amenorrhea. Fertil Steril 1999;72:1118–1120.
37. . Current concepts of the roles of follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone in folliculogenesis. Hum Reprod 1994;9:188–191.
38. , , , , . Ovarian responses in women to recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone (LH): a role for LH in the final stages of follicular maturation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1999;84:228–232.
39. , , , et al. Stimulation and growth of antral ovarian follicles by selective LH activity administration in women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:1156–1161.
40. , , , et al. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: prediction by number and size of preovulatory ovarian follicles. Fertil Steril 1987;47:597–602.
41. , , , et al. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection pregnancy after low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin alone to support ovarian folliculogenesis. Fertil Steril 2002;78:414–416.
42. , . Use of micro-dose human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) after clomiphene citrate (CC) to complete folliculogenesis in previous CC-resistant anovulation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005;192:1890–1894; discussion 1894.
43. , , . Successful pregnancies in patients with estrogenic anovulation after low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin therapy alone following hMG for controlled ovarian hyperstimulation. J Assist Reprod Genet 2005;22:37–40.
44. , , , . Efficacy of low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in a GnRH antagonist protocol. J Assist Reprod Genet 2006;23:223–228.
45. , , , . Efficacy of luteinizing hormone activity in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization and treated only with low-dose recombinant choriogonadotropin alfa (Ovidrel) in the late follicular phase. Fertil Steril 2006;86:1023–1025.
46. , , , et al. Ovarian stimulation with daily late follicular phase administration of low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin for in vitro fertilization: a prospective, randomized trial. Fertil Steril 2006;86:830–838.
47. , , , et al. Can 200 IU of hCG replace recombinant FSH in the late follicular phase in a GnRH-antagonist cycle? A pilot study. Hum Reprod 2009;24:2910–2916.
48. , , , et al. Supplementation with a recombinant human chorionic gonadotropin microdose leads to similar outcomes in ovarian stimulation with recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone for intracytoplasmic sperm injection cycles using either a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist or antagonist for pituitary suppression. Fertil Steril 2010; 94: 167–172.
49. , , , et al. Efficacy of high dose of recombinant LH (rLH) in ovulation induction for intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). Hum Reprod 2009;24 Suppl 1:i42.
50. . The role of luteinizing hormone in folliculogenesis and ovulation induction. Fertil Steril 1999;71:405–414.