- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: June 2013
- Print publication year: 1984
- Online ISBN: 9781107340718
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781107340718
Originally published in 1981, this excellent treatment of the mathematical theory of entropy gives an accessible exposition of the ways in which this idea has been applied to information theory, ergodic theory, topological dynamics and statistical mechanics. Scientists who want a quick understanding of how entropy is applied in disciplines not their own, or simply desire a better understanding of the mathematical foundation of the entropy function will find this to be a valuable book.
Source: Current Science