- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: June 2019
- Print publication year: 2019
- Online ISBN: 9781108559065
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108559065
Since the notion was introduced by Gromov in the 1980s, hyperbolicity of groups and spaces has played a significant role in geometric group theory; hyperbolic groups have good geometric properties that allow us to prove strong results. However, many classes of interest in our exploration of the universe of finitely generated groups contain examples that are not hyperbolic. Thus we wish to go 'beyond hyperbolicity' to find good generalisations that nevertheless permit similarly strong results. This book is the ideal resource for researchers wishing to contribute to this rich and active field. The first two parts are devoted to mini-courses and expository articles on coarse median spaces, semihyperbolicity, acylindrical hyperbolicity, Morse boundaries, and hierarchical hyperbolicity. These serve as an introduction for students and a reference for experts. The topics of the surveys (and more) re-appear in the research articles that make up Part III, presenting the latest results beyond hyperbolicity.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed