In the original publication of this article (Seiler et al., Reference Seiler, Blum and Hertler2020), the word “hypertonia” was mistakenly used in six instances where “hypertension” was meant. The locations of these instances are as follows:
• In the Results section of the abstract.
• In the first paragraph under the subheading “Determination of predisposing and precipitating factors” in the Results section.
• In the first paragraph under the subheading “Multiple regressions analysis for predisposing and precipitating factors for delirium” in the Results section.
• In Table 3.
• At the end of the first paragraph of the Discussion section.
• In the second sentence of the fourth paragraph of the Discussion section.
The abstract of the original article has been updated. The authors apologize for this error.