No CrossRef data available.
Published online by Cambridge University Press: 07 September 2009
1. Inventing Ancient Culture. Historicism, Periodization, and the Ancient World. Edited by Golden, Mark and Toohey, Peter. Routledge, London and New York, 1997. Pp. x + 238Google Scholar, with 9 plates. Paper £14.99.
2. Making Faces. Using Forensic and Archaeological Evidence. By Prag, John and Neave, Richard. British Museum Press, London, 1997. Pp. 256Google Scholar, with 20 colour and 130 black-and-white illustrations and 1 map. £18.99.
8. Dionysian Imagery in Fifth-Century Athens. Oxford Monographs on Classical Archaeology. By Carpenter, Thomas H.. Oxford U.P., 1997. Pp. xiii + 157Google Scholar, with frontispiece and 47 plates. £45.00.
9. The River Gods of Greece. Myths and Mountain Waters in the Hellenic World. By Brewster, Harry. Tauris, I. B., London and New York, 1997. Pp. x + 116Google Scholar, with 40 illustrations and 1 map. £25.00.
11. Medea. Essays on Medea in Myth, Literature, Philosophy, and Art. Edited by Clauss, James J. and Johnston, Sarah lies. Princeton U.P., 1997. Pp. xiii + 374Google Scholar, with 5 illustrations. Cloth £45.00, paper £14.95.
12. Prayer from Alexander to Constantine. A Critical Anthology. Introduced and edited by Kiley, Mark et al. Roudedge, London and New York, 1997. Pp. xx + 332Google Scholar. Hardback £50.00, paperback £15.99.
15. A History of Young People in the West. Volume One Ancient and Medieval Rites of Passage. Edited by Levi, Giovanni and Schmitt, Jean-Claude. Harvard U.P., 1997. Pp. vi + 396Google Scholar, with illustrations. £23.50.
19. The Roman Family in Italy. Status, Sentiment, Space. Edited by Rawson, Beryl and Weaver, Paul. Humanities Research Centre, Canberra and Oxford U.P., 1997. Pp. xvi + 378Google Scholar, with frontispiece, figures, and tables. £45.00.
20. Alexandria in Late Antiquity. Topography and Social Conflict. Ancient Society and History. By Haas, Christopher. Johns Hopkins U.P., 1997. Pp. xviii + 494Google Scholar, with 26 figures, 2 plans, and 3 maps. £37.00.
21. Piscinae: Artificial Fishponds in Roman Italy. Studies in the History of Greece and Rome. By Higginbotham, James. University of North Carolina Press, 1997. Pp. xix + 284Google Scholar, with 109 figures. $49.95.
23. The Sources of Roman Law. Problems and Methods for Ancient Historians. Approaching the Ancient World. By Robinson, O. F.. Routledge, London and New York, 1997. Pp. xi + 155. Paper £10.99Google Scholar.
25. Projecting the Past. Ancient Rome, Cinema, and History. The New Ancient World. By Wyke, Maria. Routledge, London and New York, 1997. Pp. x + 237Google Scholar, with illustrations. Hardback £45.00, paperback £12.99.
29. Pseudo-Hecataeus, On the Jews. Legitimizing the Jewish Diaspora. Hellenistic Culture and Society Vol. XXI. By Bar-Kochva, Bezalel. University of California Press, 1996 Pp. xii + 396Google Scholar, with 4 plates and 5 maps. £45.00.
30. Donatist Martyr Stories. The Church in Conflict in Roman North Africa. Translated Texts for Historians Volume 24. Translated with Notes and Introduction by Tilley, Maureen A.. Liverpool U.P., 1996. Pp. xxxvi + 101Google Scholar, with 1 map. Paper £9.95.
32. The Chronicle of Theophanes Confessor. Byzantine and Near Eastern History AD 284–813. Translated with Introduction and Commentary by Mango, Cyril and Scott, Roger. Oxford U.P., 1997. Pp. c + 744Google Scholar. £80.00.
35. Medieval Latin. An Introduction and Bibliographical Guide. Edited by Mantello, F. A. C. and Rigg, A. G.. The Catholic University of America Press, 1996. Pp. xiv + 774Google Scholar. Paper. Price not stated.
No CrossRef data available.