- Get access
- Contains open access
- ISSN: 1461-9571 (Print), 1741-2722 (Online)
- Editor: Catherine J. Frieman Australian National University, Australia
- Editorial board
Articles cover a wealth of topics, ranging from major reviews of the prehistoric and historic archaeology of Europe and neighbouring regions, to reports on key archaeological discoveries set within a European context, to cutting-edge research and debates on science-based archaeology, archaeological method and theory, public archaeology and the history of archaeology, to interviews reflecting upon the life and work of significant European archaeologists.
All articles are published with short, accessible abstracts in English, French and German. Instructions for contributors are available here. Submissions should follow the style guidelines and total no more than 8,000 words (with bibliography).
- 15 January 2021,
- As each generation of researchers deconstruct and unpack their own preconceptions of the world around them, it reveals new shortcomings in our understanding...
- 12 October 2020,
- The Viking Age (c. AD 790-1050) represents the very notion of uprootedness and social transformation. Yet there are signs of inherent nostalgia in Scandinavian...
- 18 February 2020,
- Hobby metal detecting for archaeological objects is a contentious issue, not least in Europe. Especially since the 1990s, the activity has increased in popularity...