Founded in 1947, the British Society for the History of Science is Britain’s largest learned society devoted to the history of science, technology and medicine. Current members include lecturers, writers, students, teachers, museum curators and private individuals. We aim to bring together people with interests in all aspects of the field, and to publicise relevant ideas within the wider research and teaching communities and in the media.
The BSHS is registered as a charity and as a private company limited by guarantee. We are governed by President, Vice-president and Council appointed by the members, as well as an Executive Secretary and a number of permanent and ad-hoc committees who manage specific activities.
This journal is published by Cambridge University Press on behalf of its managers and owners, the BSHS.
Currently known as:
The British Journal for the History of Science
Vol 1 (1962) onwards
ISSN: 0007-0874 (Print), 1474-001X (Online)
Formerly known as:
Bulletin of the British Society for the History of Science
Vol 1 (1949) - Vol 2 (1961)
ISSN: 0950-5636 (Print), 0950-5636 (Online)