- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: September 2010
- Print publication year: 2009
- First published in: 1901
- Online ISBN: 9780511702464
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511702464
M. R. James (1862–1936) is probably best remembered as a writer of chilling ghost stories, but he was an outstanding scholar of medieval literature and palaeography, who served both as Provost of King's College, Cambridge, and as Director of the Fitzwilliam Museum, and many of his stories reflect his academic background. His detailed descriptive catalogues of manuscripts owned by colleges, cathedrals and museums are still of value to scholars today. James' catalogue of the extensive manuscript holdings of Trinity College was first published in four volumes between 1900 and 1904, the final volume consisting of plates and an index. Now reissued, it will be welcomed by librarians and researchers alike.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.