- Publisher: ISEAS–Yusof Ishak Institute
- Online publication date: October 2015
- Print publication year: 2011
- Online ISBN: 9789814311205
Financial crises after financial crises have occurred, but for many countries the last one, the 2008-09 global recession, was the deepest since the 1930s great depression. This book started with an objective to understand the impact of high inflation on poverty and food security in Southeast Asia. However, the global economy moved quickly into recession in 2008. Global recession has also come to Southeast Asia. Anticipating that the impact of global recession would be more severe than that of high inflation, we refocused the title of the book to Poverty and Global Recession in Southeast Asia. This book attempts to contribute a better understanding of poverty and food security in Southeast Asia during the recent global recession, considering both recent developments and the previous major crisis of 1997-98.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.