1. and (2006). Child maltreatment and insecure attachment: A meta-analysis. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 24, 187–197.
2. , , and (2005). From infant attachment disorganization to adult dissociation: Relational adaptations or traumatic experiences? Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 29, 63–86.
3. (1992). Trauma and recovery. New York: Basic Books.
4. (1992). Complex PTSD: A syndrome in survivors of prolonged and repeated trauma. Journal of Traumatic Stress, 3, 377–391.
5. , , and (2005). Beyond PTSD: Emotion regulation and interpersonal problems as predictors of functional impairment in survivors of childhood abuse. Behavior Therapy, 36, 119–124.
6. , , and (2000). Cognitive-behavioral therapy. In , and (eds.), Effective treatments for PTSD: Practice guidelines from the international society for traumatic stress studies (pp. 60–83). New York: Guilford.
7. , and (2008). Cognitive processing therapy: Veteran/military treatment manual. Boston, MA: Veteran’s Administration.
8. (2008). Craft and science in the treatment of traumatized people. Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 9, 293–300.
9. , et al. (2003). Randomized trial of trauma-focused group therapy for posttraumatic stress disorder: Results from a Department of Veterans Affairs cooperative study. Archives of General Psychiatry, 60, 481–489.
10. and (2001). Journeys from childhood to midlife: Risk, resilience and Recovery. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
11. , and (2008). The protective role of friendship on the effects of childhood abuse and depression. Depression and Anxiety, 26, 46–53.
12. (1998). T.R.E.M. trauma recovery and empowerment: A clinician’s guide to working with women in groups. New York: The Free Press.
13. and (2005). Therapeutic enactment: Restoring vitality through trauma repair in groups. Vancouver: Group Action Press.
14. and (2008). Trauma-centered group psychotherapy for women. New York: Guilford.
15. and (2008). 8-year follow-up of patients treated for borderline personality disorder: Mentalization-based treatment versus treatment as usual. American Journal of Psychiatry, 165, 631–638.
16. , and (2007). Group therapy as an ecological bridge to a new community. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment and Trauma, 14, 227–243.
17. , , et al. (2010). The trauma recovery group: A treatment guide. New York: Guilford, in press.