1. , , , et al. The accuracy of reporting of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy in population health data. Hypertens Pregnancy 2008;27:285–97.
2. , , , et al. The classification and diagnosis of the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy: statement from the International Society of the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy. Hypertens Pregnancy 2001;20:IX–XIV.
3. , , , et al. The role of renal biopsy in women with kidney disease identified in pregnancy. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2008;23:201–6.
5. , . The prognosis of pregnancy in women with chronic hypertension. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1994;171:410–16.
6. , , , et al. Management of mild chronic hypertension during pregnancy: a review. Obstet Gynecol 2000;96:849–60.
7. , , , et al. Risk factors for pre-eclampsia, abruption placentae, and adverse neonatal outcome amongst women with chronic hypertension. N Engl J Med 1998;339:667–71.
8. , , , et al. Pregnancy in women with pre-existing renal diease: maternal and fetal outcomes. J Obstet Gynaecol 2005;25:S13.
9. , , , , . Accuracy of urinalysis dipstick techniques in predicting significant proteinuria in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:769–77.
10. , , , et al. Diagnostic accuracy of urinary spot protein:creatinine ratio for protein in hypertensive pregnant women: a systematic review. BMJ 2008;336:1003–6.
11. , . Audit of antihypertensive treatment in patients with renal failure. Nephrol Dial Transplant 1998;13(12):3091–5.
12. , , , et al. Reduction in sympathic overactivity by enalapril in patients with chronic renal failure. N Engl J Med 1999;340:1321–8.
13. , , , et al. Progression of chronic renal disease: the role of blood pressure control, proteinuria and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition. A patient level meta-analysis. Ann Intern Med 2003;139:244–52.
14. , , , et al. A comparison of no medication versus methyldopa or labetolol in chronic hypertension during pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1990;162:960–6.
15. , Prevention and treatment of pregnancy-associated hypertension: what have we learned in the last 10 years?Am J Kidney Dis 1991;18:285.
16. , , . Fortnightly review: management of hypertension in pregnancy. BMJ 1999;318:1332.
17. , , , . Antihypertensive drug therapy for mild to moderate hypertension during pregnancy (Cochrane Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001;(2):CD002252.
18. . Chronic hypertension in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2002;100:369–77.
19. . Controlled trials of antihypertensive drugs in pregnancy. Am J Kidney Dis 1991;17:149–53.
20. . Working Group Report on High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy. Washington, DC, National Institutes of Health, 2000.
21. , , , et al. Accuracy of mean arterial pressure and blood pressure measurements in predicting pre-eclampsia: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2008;336:1117–20.
22. , . Blood-pressure measurement and classification in pregnancy. Lancet 2001;357(9250):131–5.
23. , , . ABC of hypertension. Blood pressure measurement. Part III-automated sphygmomanometry: ambulatory blood pressure measurement. BMJ 2001;322(7294):1110–14.
24. , , , . Antihypertensive drug therapy for mild to moderate hypertension during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(1):CD002252.
25. , , , et al. CHIPS Pilot Trial Collaborative Group. The Control of Hypertension In Pregnancy Study pilot trial. BJOG 2007;114(6):770, e13–20.
26. , , , et al. Group FT.Women's views of their experiences in the CHIPs (Control of Hypertension in Pregnancy Study) Pilot Trial. Hypertens Pregnancy. 2007;26(4):371–87.
27. , , , et al. Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Hypertension 2003;42(6):1206–52.
28. , , , et al. Effects of intensive blood-pressure lowering and low-dose aspirin in patients with hypertension: principle results of the Hypertension Optimal Treatment (HOT) randomised trial. HOT Study Group. Lancet 1998;351:1755–62.
29. . The UK Prospective Diabetes Study Group. BMJ 1998;317:703–13.
30. . Report of the National High Blood Pressure Education Project (NJHBPBP) Working Group on High Blood Pressure in Pregnancy. Washington, DC, National Institutes of Health, NIH publication No 00–3029, July 2000.
31. . Hypertension in pregnancy. Kidney 1990;23:1.
32. , , . The fetal outcome in a randomized double-blind controlled trial of labetalol versus placebo in pregnancy-induced hypertension. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1989;96(1):38–43.
33. , , , . Randomised controlled trial of atenolol and pindolol in human pregnancy: effects on fetal hemodynamics. BMJ 1992;304:946–8.
34. , , . Atenolol in essential hypertension during pregnancy. BMJ 1990;301:587–9.
35. , , , . Atenolol and fetal growth in pregnancies complicated by hypertension. Am J Hypertens 1999;12:541–7.
36. , . Oral beta-blockers for mild to moderate hypertension during pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003;(3):CD002863.
37. , , . Overview of randomised controlled trials of diuretics in pregnancy. BMJ 1985;290:17–19.
38. , , . Antenatal day care units versus hospital admission for women with complicated pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2001;(4):CD001803.
39. , , , et al. Prevention of pre-eclampsia in healthy, nulliparous pregnant women. N Engl J Med 1993;329:1213–18.
40. : a randomised trial of low dose aspirin for the prevention and treatment of pre-eclampsia amongst 9364 pregnant women. CLASP (Collaborative Low-dose Aspirin Study in Pregnancy) Collaborative Group Lancet 1994;343:619–29.
41. , , , . PARIS Collaborative Group. Lancet 2007;369:1765–6.
42. , , , , . For the VIP trial consortium. Vitamin C and vitamin E in pregnant women at risk for pre-eclampsia: randomised placebo-controlled trial. Lancet 2006;367:1145–54.
43. , , . Calcium supplementation during pregnancy for preventing hypertensive disorders and related problems. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2006;(3):CD001059.
44. , . The relationship between calcium intake and edema, proteinuria, and hypertension-gestosis: an hypothesis. Am J Clin Nutr 1980;33:2202–10.
45. , , , et al. WHO randomised controlled trial of calcium supplementation amongst low calcium intake pregnant women. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006;194:639–49.
46. , , North RA. Mid trimester uterine artery Doppler screening as a predictor of adverse pregnancy outcome in high-risk women. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2000;15(1):7–12.
47. , , , et al. Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and meta-analysis. CMAJ 2008;178:701–11.
48. , , , et al. Fall in mean arterial pressure and fetal growth restriction in pregnancy hypertension: a meta-analysis. Lancet 2000;355(9198):87–92.
49. . Fetal origins of coronary heart disease. BMJ 1995;311:171–4.