- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: May 2021
- Print publication year: 2021
- Online ISBN: 9781108772334
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108772334
An optics experiment is the product of intricate planning and imagination, best learned through practice. Bringing forth the creative side of experimental physics through optics, this book introduces its readers to the fundamentals of optical design through seven key experiments. The book includes several topics to support readers preparing to enter industrial or academic research laboratories. Optical sources, model testing and fitting, noise, geometric optics, optical processes such as diffraction, interference, polarization, and optical cavities, are just some of the key topics included. Coding tutorials are provided in the book and online to further develop readers' experience with design and experimental analysis. This guide is an invaluable introduction to the creative and explorative world of laboratory optics.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.