- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: December 2009
- Print publication year: 1992
- Online ISBN: 9780511565793
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511565793
This book constitutes the proceedings of a conference held at the University of Birmingham to mark the retirement of Professor A. M. Macbeath. The papers represent up-to-date work on a broad spectrum of topics in the theory of discrete group actions, ranging from presentations of finite groups through the detailed study of Fuchsian and crystallographic groups, to applications of group actions in low dimensional topology, complex analysis, algebraic geometry and number theory. For those wishing to pursue research in these areas, this volume offers a valuable summary of contemporary thought and a source of fresh geometric insights.
Source: International Mathematical News
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.