- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: March 2008
- Print publication year: 1978
- Online ISBN: 9781139054492
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CHOL9780521215916
The seventh volume of The Cambridge Economic History of Europe is the second of a group of three to cover the economic history of the Western world (including the United States and Japan) during and since the Industrial Revolution. The main theme of this volume is the role played in the growth of the industrial economies by capital, labour, and enterprise. Separate chapters study each of these factors for the principal economies.