1. . Teaching and testing surgical skills. Am J Surg 1993; 165: 358–61.
2. , , . No time to train surgeons. Br Med J 2004; 328: 418–9.
3. . Junior surgeons are becoming deskilled as a result of Calman proposals. Br Med J 1997; 314: 1281.
4. , , , , , . Registrar operating experience over a 15-year period: more, less or more or less the same?Surgeon J Roy Coll Surg Edinburgh & Ireland 2004; 2: 161–4.
5. . A Compendium of Solutions to Implementing the European Working Time Directive for Doctors in Training from August 2004. London: HMSO, 2004.
6. , , , et al. Surgical skills assessment: a blinded examination of obstetrics and gynecology residents. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 186: 613–7.
7. , , , . Objective structured assessment of technical skills for episiotomy repair. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 189: 1257–60.
8. , , , , , . A new curriculum for hysteroscopy training as demonstrated by an objective structured assessment of technical skills (OSATS). Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193(5); 1856–65.
9. , . Institution and validation of an observed structured assessment of technical skills (OSATS) for obstetrics and gynaecology residents and faculty. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2006; 195(2): 617–21.
10. , , . A six-year study of surgical teaching and skills evaluation for obstetric/gynecologic residents in porcine and inanimate surgical models. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2005; 193(6); 2056–61.
11. , , , . Reliability and construct validity of a structured technical skills assessment form. Am J Surg 1994; 167: 423–7.
12. . Modernising Medical Careers. Operational Framework for Foundation Training. London: HMSO, 2005.
13. . Report of the Basic Specialty Training Working Party in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. London: RCOG Press, 2006.
14. , , . Surgery residents' perception of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE). Curr Surg 2003; 60: 533–7.
15. , , , , . Student evaluation of an OSCE in paediatrics at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica. BMC Med Educ 2004; 4: 22.
16. , , , , . Value and face validity of objective structured assessment of technical skills (OSATS) for work based assessment of surgical skills in obstetrics and gynaecology. Med Teach 2008; 30: 212–6.