1. , , , , , for the TBT Group. Planned caesarean section versus planned vaginal birth for breech presentation at term: a randomised multicentre trial. Lancet 2000; 356: 1375–83.
2. , , . The effect of the Term Breech Trial on medical intervention behaviour and neonatal outcome in The Netherlands: an analysis of 35,453 term breech infants. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 112: 205–9.
3. . Term breech delivery in Sweden: mortality relative to fetal presentation and planned mode of delivery. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2005; 84: 593–601.
4. , , , . Obstetricians of the AUDIPOG Sentinel Network. The term breech presentation: neonatal results and obstetric practices in France. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2006; 125: 176–84.
5. , , , et al. Maternal and neonatal individual risks and benefits associated with caesarean delivery: multicentre prospective study. Br Med J 2007; 335: 1025–7.
6. , The Management of Breech Presentation. RCOG Guideline no. 20b London: RCOG, 2006.
7. . Mode of term singleton breech delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 108: 235–7.
8. . Breech deliveries at term: College Statement No. C-Obs 11 2005.
9. , External cephalic version for breech presentation at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 1996; 2: Art. No.: CD000083. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000083.
10. , . External Cephalic Version and Reducing the Incidence of Breech Presentation. RCOG guideline No. 20a. London: RCOG, 2006.
11. , . Interventions to help external cephalic version for breech presentation at term. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 1996; 3: Art. No.: CD000184. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD000184.pub2.
12. , . Tocolysis for repeat external cephalic version in breech presentation at term: a randomised, double-blinded, placebo-controlled trial. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2005; 112: 627–31.
13. , . External cephalic version: a safe procedure? A systematic review of version-related risks. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2004; 83: 511–8.
14. . Breech Presentation at the Onset of Labour. 7th Annual Report, London: Maternal and Child Health Consortium, 2000; 25–40.
15. , . Management of vaginal delivery in breech presentation at term. In: European Practice in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. Breech Delivery. Paris: Elsevier, 2002; 99–126.
16. . In: , , , eds. Munro Kerr's Operative Obstetrics. London: Saunders Elsevier, 2007; 181–94.
17. . The epidemiology of perinatal mortality in multiple births. Bull NY Acad Med 1990; 66: 618–37.
18. , , , , . Mode of delivery and the risk of delivery-related perinatal death among twins at term: a retrospective cohort study of 8073 births. Br J Obstet Gynaecol. 2005; 112: 1139–44.
19. , , , , . Cesarean delivery for twins: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 188: 220–7.
20. , , , et al. Neonatal mortality in second twin according to cause of death, gestational age, and mode of delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004; 191: 778–83.
21. , , . Perinatal mortality in first- and second-born twins in the United States. Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103: 63–70.
22. , , , et al. Determinants of perinatal mortality and serious neonatal morbidity in the second twin. Obstet Gynecol 2006; 108: 556–64.
23. , , . Birth order of twins and risk of perinatal death related to delivery in England, Northern Ireland, and Wales, 1994–2003: retrospective cohort study. Br Med J 2007; 334: 576–8.
24.SOGC Consensus Statement No. 91. Management of Twin Pregnancies. July 2000.
25. . Management of labour in multiple pregnancies. In: , , , , eds. Multiple Pregnancy. London: RCOG Press, 2006; 223–234.
26. , Galerneau F. Intrapartum influence on caesarean delivery in multiple gestation. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2003; 82: 241–5.
27. . Intrapartum management of twin gestations. Obstet Gynecol 2007; 109: 1167–76.
28. , . Twin delivery best practice and research. Clin Obstet Gynaecol 2002; 16: 43–56.
29. . Acute tocolysis. In: , , , eds. Munro Kerr's Operative Obstetrics. London: Saunders Elsevier, 2007; 285–88.
30. , , , , . Relationship between inter twin delivery interval and metabolic acidosis in the second twin. Am J Perinatol 2006; 23: 481–5.
31. , , , , . Effect of twin-to-twin delivery interval on umbilical cord blood gas in the second twins. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 2002; 109: 63–7.
32. , , , , . Internal podalic version with unruptured membranes for the second twin in transverse lie. Obstet Gynecol 1988; 71: 428–30.
33. . Survival Rates of Babies Born between 27 and 28 weeks' Gestation in England, Wales and Northern Ireland 1998–2000. 8th Annual Report. London: Maternal and Child Health Consortium, 2002; 83–100.
34. , , , . Vaginal vs. cesarean delivery for preterm breech presentation of singleton infants in California: a population-based study. J Reprod Med 2007; 52 (6): 473–9.
35. , . Influence of mode of delivery on neonatal mortality and morbidity in spontaneous preterm breech delivery. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2007; 133: 25–9.
36. . Prognosis for twins with birth weight less than 1500 g: the impact of caesarean section in relation to fetal presentation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1999; 163: 528–33.
37. , , , . Twin delivery and neonatal and infant mortality: a population-based study. Obstet Gynecol 1996; 88: 593–8.