1. Kondrup, J, Allison, SP, Elia, M, et al. (2003) ESPEN guidelines for nutrition screening 2002. Clin Nutr 22, 415–421.
2. Mueller, C, Compher, C & Ellen, DM (2011) ASPEN clinical guidelines: nutrition screening, assessment, and intervention in adults. JPEN 35, 16–24.
3. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (2006) Nutrition Support in Adults: Oral Nutrition Support, Enteral Tube Feeding and Parenteral Nutrition (Clinical Guideline 32). London: NICE.
4. Council of Europe (2003) Resolution ResAP(2003)3 on food and nutritional care in hospitals (Adopted by the Committee of Ministers on 12 November 2003 at the 860th meeting of the Ministers’ Deputies).
5. Elia, M (2003)
Screening for Malnutrition: A Multidisciplinary Responsibility. Development and Use of the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool (‘MUST’) for Adults. A Report by the Malnutrition Advisory Group of the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition. Redditch: BAPEN.
6. Elia, M & Stratton, RJ (2009) Calculating the cost of disease-related malnutrition in the UK in 2007 (public expenditure only). In Combating Malnutrition: Recommendations for Action A Report from the Advisory Group on Malnutrition Led by BAPEN, pp. 39–46 [M Elia and CA Russell, editors]. Redditch: BAPEN.
7. Russell, CA & Elia, M (2015) Nutrition Screening Surveys in Care Homes in the UK. A Report Based on the Amalgamated Data from the Four Nutrition Screening Week Surveys Undertaken by BAPEN in 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2011. Redditch: BAPEN.
8. Elia, M & Stratton, RJ (2011) Considerations for screening tool selection and role of predictive and concurrent validity. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 14, 425–433.
9. Russell, CA, Oldale, C, Elia, M, et al. (2011) Choice of nutrition screening tool and continuity of care. Clin Nutr Suppl 6, 74.
10. Russell, CA & Elia, M (2012) Nutrition Screening Survey in the UK and Republic of Ireland in 2011. Hospitals, Care Homes and Mental Health Units. A Report by the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN). Redditch: BAPEN.
11. Cawood, AL, Elia, M, Sharp, SK, et al. (2012) Malnutrition self-screening by using MUST in hospital outpatients: validity, reliability, and ease of use. Am J Clin Nutr 96, 1000–1007.
12. McGurk, P, Jackson, JM & Elia, M (2013) Rapid and reliable self-screening for nutritional risk in hospital outpatients using an electronic system. Nutrition 29, 693–696.
13. Abbott, J, Teleni, L, McKavanagh, D, et al. (2014) A novel, automated nutrition screening system as a predictor of nutritional risk in an oncology day treatment unit (ODTU). Support Care Cancer 22, 2107–2112.
14. Hershkovich, S, Stark, AH, Levi, CS, et al. (2017) A tailored automated nutrition screening tool for rapid identification of risk in acute-care hospital settings. Eur J Clin Nutr 71, 284–286.
15. Todorovic, V, Russell, C, Stratton, R, et al. (2003)
The ‘MUST’ Explanatory Booklet. A Guide to the ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’ (MUST) for Adults. A Report by the Malnutrition Advisory Group (BAPEN). Redditch: BAPEN.
18. Stratton, RJ, Hackston, A, Longmore, D, et al. (2004) Malnutrition in hospital outpatients and inpatients: prevalence, concurrent validity and ease of use of the ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’ (‘MUST’) for adults. Br J Nutr 92, 799–808.
19. Landis, JR & Koch, GG (1977) The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data. Biometrics 33, 159–174.
20. Russell, CA & Elia, M (2011) Nutrition Screening Survey in the UK and Republic of Ireland in 2010. Hospitals, Care Homes and Mental Health Units. A Report by the British Association for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN). Redditch: BAPEN.
21. Russell, CA & Elia, M (2009) Nutrition Screening Survey in the UK in 2008. Hospitals, Care Homes and Mental Health Units. A Report by the British Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (BAPEN). Redditch: BAPEN.
23. Rust, S, Cawood, AL, Walters, E, et al. (2010) Prevalence of malnutrition in hospital outpatients. Proc Nutr Soc 69, E150.
24. Elia, M & Stratton, RJ (2005) Geographical inequalities in nutrient status and risk of malnutrition among English people aged 65 years and over. Nutrition 21, 1100–1106.
25. Ralph, A, Cawood, AL, Hubbard, GP, et al. (2010) Prevalence of malnutrition in Sheltered Housing Schemes in Wiltshire and Somerset. Proc Nutr Soc 69, OCE2.
26. Russell, CA & Elia, M (2010) Malnutrition in the UK: where does it begin? Proc Nutr Soc 69, 465–469.
27. Elia, M (2015) The Cost of Malnutrition in England and Potential Cost Savings from Nutritional Interventions. A Report from the Malnutrition Action Group of BAPEN and the National Institute for Health Research Southampton Biomedical Research Centre. Redditch: BAPEN.
30. Green, M & Rossal, P (2013) Digital Inclusion Evidence Report. London: Age UK.
31. Charness, N & Boot, WR (2009) Aging and information technology use: potential and barriers. Curr Dir Psychol Sci 18, 253–258.