1. Anjos, T, Altmäe, S, Emmett, P, et al. (2013) Nutrition and neurodevelopment in children: focus on NUTRIMENTHE project. Eur J Nutr 52, 1825–1842.
2. Smith, MA & Scholey, AB (2014) Nutritional influences on human neurocognitive functioning. Front Hum Neurosci 8, 358.
3. Fretham, SJ, Carlson, ES & Georgieff, MK (2011) The role of iron in learning and memory. Adv Nutr 2, 112–121.
4. Portillo-Reyes, V, Pérez-García, M, Loya-Méndez, Y, et al. (2014) Clinical significance of neuropsychological improvement after supplementation with omega-3 in 8–12 years old malnourished Mexican children: a randomized, double-blind, placebo and treatment clinical trial. Res Dev Disabil 35, 861–870.
5. Uzzell, BP, Ponton, M & Ardila, A (editors) (2013) International Handbook of Cross-Cultural Neuropsychology. New York: Psychology Press.
7. Chiao, JY (2009) Cultural neuroscience: a once and future discipline. Prog Brain Res 178, 287–304.
8. Ardila, A (2007) The impact of culture on neuropsychological test performance. In International Handbook of Cross-Cultural Neuropsychology, pp. 23–44 [BP Uzzell, M Pontón and A Ardila, editors]. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum.
9. Hsieh, SLJ & Tori, CD (2007) Normative data on cross-cultural neuropsychological tests obtained from Mandarin-speaking adults across the life span. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22, 283–296.
10. Lan, X, Legare, CH, Ponitz, CC, et al. (2011) Investigating the links between the subcomponents of executive function and academic achievement: a cross-cultural analysis of Chinese and American pre-schoolers. J Exp Child Psychol 108, 677–692.
11. Judd, T, Capetillo, D, Carrión-Baralt, J, et al. (2009) Professional considerations for improving the neuropsychological evaluation of Hispanics: a National Academy of Neuropsychology education paper. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 24, 127–135.
12. Llorente, AM (2008) Principles of Neuropsychological Assessment with Hispanics. New York, NY: Springer.
13. Khalil, MS (2010) Preliminary Arabic normative data of neuropsychological tests: the verbal and design fluency. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 32, 1028–1035.
14. Ruffieux, N, Njamnshi, AK, Mayer, E, et al. (2009) Neuropsychology in Cameroon: first normative data for cognitive tests among school-aged children. Child Neuropsychol 16, 1–19.
15. Wicherts, JM, Dolan, CV & van der Maas, HL (2010) A systematic literature review of the average IQ of sub-Saharan Africans. Intelligence 38, 1–20.
16. Cherner, M, Suarez, P, Lazzaretto, D, et al. (2007) Demographically corrected norms for the Brief Visuospatial Memory Test-revised and Hopkins Verbal Learning Test-revised in monolingual Spanish speakers from the US–Mexico border region. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22, 343–353.
17. Matute, E, Rosselli, M, Ardila, A, et al. (2004) Verbal and nonverbal fluency in Spanish-speaking children. Dev Neuropsychol 26, 647–660.
18. Park, D & Gutchess, A (2006) The cognitive neuroscience of aging and culture. Curr Dir Psychol Sci 15, 105–108.
19. Boone, KB, Victor, TL, Wen, J, et al. (2007) The association between neuropsychological scores and ethnicity, language, and acculturation variables in a large patient population. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22, 355–365.
20. Ferraro, FR & McDonald, LR (2005) More culturally sensitive neuropsychological tests (and normative data) needed. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 19, 53.
21. Ostrosky-Solis, F, Gutierrez, AL, Flores, MR, et al. (2007) Same or different? Semantic verbal fluency across Spanish-speakers from different countries. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22, 367–377.
22. Byrd, DA, Touradji, P, Tang, MX, et al. (2004) Cancellation test performance in African American, Hispanic, and White elderly. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 10, 401–411.
23. Byrd, DA, Sanchez, D & Manly, JJ (2005) Neuropsychological test performance among Caribbean-born and US-born African American elderly: the role of age, education and reading level. J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 27, 1056–1069.
24. Manly, JJ, Byrd, DA, Touradji, P, et al. (2004) Acculturation, reading level, and neuropsychological test performance among African American elders. Appl Neuropsychol 11, 37–46.
25. Puente, AE, Perez-García, M, Vilar-Lopez, R, et al. (2013) Neuropsychological assessment of culturally and educationally dissimilar individuals. In Handbook of Multicultural Mental Health: Assessment and Treatment of Diverse Population, pp. 225–242 [FA Paniagua and A-M Yamada, editors]. San Diego, CA: Academic Press.
26. Salazar, GD, Garcia, MP & Puente, AE (2007) Clinical neuropsychology of Spanish speakers: the challenge and pitfalls of a neuropsychology of a heterogeneous population. In International Handbook of Cross-Cultural Neuropsychology, pp. 283–302 [BP Uzzell, MO Pontón and A Ardila, editors]. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
27. Buré-Reyes, A, Hidalgo-Ruzzante, N, Vilar-López, R, et al. (2013) Neuropsychological test performance of Spanish speakers: is performance different across different Spanish-speaking subgroups? J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 35, 404–412.
28. Ardila, A (2005) Cultural values underlying psychometric cognitive testing. Neuropsychol Rev 15, 185–195.
29. Rosselli, M & Ardila, A (2003) The impact of culture and education on non-verbal neuropsychological measurements: a critical review. Brain Cogn 52, 326–333.
30. Gasquoine, PG (2009) Race-norming of neuropsychological tests. Neuropsychol Rev 19, 250–262.
31. Brickman, AM, Cabo, R & Manly, JJ (2006) Ethical issues in cross-cultural neuropsychology. Appl Neuropsychol 13, 91–100.
32. Schwartz, BS, Glass, TA, Bolla, KI, et al. (2004) Disparities in cognitive functioning by race/ethnicity in the Baltimore Memory Study. Environ Health Perspect 112, 314–320.
33. Manly, JJ, Jacobs, DM, Touradji, P, et al. (2002) Reading level attenuates differences in neuropsychological test performance between African American and White elders. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 8, 341–348.
34. Wilson, M (2010) The re-tooled mind: how culture re-engineers cognition. Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 5, 180–187.
35. Agranovich, AV, Panter, AT, Puente, AE, et al. (2011) The culture of time in neuropsychological assessment: exploring the effects of culture-specific time attitudes on timed test performance in Russian and American samples. J Int Neuropsychol Soc 17, 692–701.
36. Ouellet, M, Santiago, J, Israeli, Z, et al. (2010) Is the future the right time? Exp Psychol 57, 308–314.
37. Fasfous, AF, Hidalgo-Ruzzante, N, Vilar-López, R, et al. (2013) Cultural differences in neuropsychological abilities required to perform intelligence tasks. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 28, 784–790.
38. Byrd, D, Arentoft, A, Scheiner, D, et al. (2008) State of multicultural neuropsychological assessment in children: current research issues. Neuropsychol Rev 18, 214–222.
39. Sobeh, J & Spijkers, W (2013) Development of neuropsychological functions of attention in two cultures: a cross-cultural study of attentional performances of Syrian and German children of pre-school and school age. Eur J Dev Psychol 10, 318–336.
40. Kail, RV, McBride‐Chang, C, Ferrer, E, et al. (2013) Cultural differences in the development of processing speed. Dev Sci 16, 476–483.
41. Thorell, LB, Veleiro, A, Siu, AF, et al. (2013) Examining the relation between ratings of executive functioning and academic achievement: findings from a cross-cultural study. Child Neuropsychol 19, 630–638.
42. Llorente, AM, Williams, J, Satz, P, et al. (2003) Children’s Colour Trails Test-Professional Manual. Lutz, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources.
43. Fasfous, AF, Puente, AE, Pérez-Marfil, MN, et al. (2013) Is the colour trails culture free? Arch Clin Neuropsychol 28, 743–749.
44. Schiess, S, Grote, V, Scaglioni, S, et al. (2010) Introduction of complementary feeding in 5 European countries. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50, 92–98.
45. Jaddoe, VW, Mackenbach, JP, Moll, HA, et al. (2006) The Generation R Study: design and cohort profile. Eur J Epidemiol 21, 475–484.
46. Krauss-Etschmann, S, Shadid, R, Campoy, C, et al. (2007) Effects of fish-oil and folate supplementation of pregnant women on maternal and fetal plasma concentrations of docosahexaenoic acid and eicosapentaenoic acid: a European randomized multicenter trial. Am J Clin Nutr 85, 1392–1400.
47. Snodgrass, JG & Vanderwart, M (1980) A standardized set of 260 pictures: norms for name agreement, image agreement, familiarity, and visual complexity. J Exp Psychol Hum Learn 6, 174–215.
48. Rey, A (1941) L’examen psychologique dans les cas d’encephalopathie trau-matique: the Rey Auditory Verbal Learning Test [RVLMT] (The psychological examination in cases of head trauma: the Rey Auditory Verbal Learning Test [RVLMT]). Arch Psychol (Geneve) 28, 215–285.
49. Conners, CK, Epstein, JN, Angold, A, et al. (2003) Continuous performance test performance in a normative epidemiological sample. J Abnorm Child Psychol 31, 555–562.
50. Woodcock, R, McGrew, K & Mather, N (2001) Woodcock-Johnson III. Tests of Cognitive Abilities. Rolling Meadows, IL: Riverside Publishing.
51. Lafayette, I (2002) Grooved Pegboard User Instructions. Lafayette, IN: Lafayette Instruments.
52. Hooper, H (1983) Hooper Visual Organization Test Manual. Los Angeles, CA: WPS.
53. Strauss, E, Sherman, EM & Spreen, O (2006) A Compendium of Neuropsychological Tests: Administration, Norms, and Commentary. New York: Oxford University Press.
54. Korkman, M, Kirk, U & Kemp, S (2007) NEPSY II. Administration Manual. San Antonio, TX: Pearson Assessment.
55. Smith, A (2007) Symbol Digit Modalities Test, 10th printing ed. Los Angeles, CA: WPS.
56. Golden, C (1978) Stroop Color and Word Test. Chicago, IL: Stoelting Company.
57. Kaufman, AS & Kaufman, NL (2004) Kaufman Assessment Battery for Children, 2nd ed. San Antonio, TX: Pearson.
58. Llorente, A, Williams, J, Satz, P, et al. (2003) Children’s Color Trail Test. Lutz, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc.
59. Crone, EA & Van der Molen, MW (2004) Developmental changes in real life decision making: performance on a gambling task previously shown to depend on the ventromedial prefrontal cortex. Dev Neuropsychol 25, 251–279.
60. Portocarrero, JS, Burright, RG & Donovick, PJ (2007) Vocabulary and verbal fluency of bilingual and monolingual college students. Arch Clin Neuropsychol 22, 415–422.