- ISSN: 2055-7973 (Print), 2055-7981 (Online)
- Editor: Dr Katy Gibbons University of Portsmouth, UK
- Editorial board
Latest research articles
- 24 May 2017,
- Read Jane Flynn’s full article published in the journal British Catholic History. A few years ago, I did an internet search involving the name ‘John Heywood’, the Tudor court entertainer, poet, and musician. One of the hits was from the catalogue of manuscripts of the Durham Cathedral Library, in a description of a book of accounts dating from 1561–75. It mentioned that the account book contains a 38-stanza poem that ‘begins “When all that is to was ys brought / As all that hath byn is” and ends “Maye rest in rest aye restyngly / Amen quoth John Heywood” [John Heywood ?1497-?1580]’, with the name ‘Thomas Good at the end’. I was intrigued: was the poem by Good or Heywood?…...
- 05 June 2019,
- This special issue in Business History Review on Business and the Environment seeks to promote new approaches in business history designed to explore of the...
- 30 May 2019,
- In his Historical Journal article Gareth Stedman Jones argues that the need to answer Malthus led to the most profound recasting of 19th century radical thought,...