- ISSN: 0066-4774 (Print), 2056-8819 (Online)
- Editors: Dr Diana Burton Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, and Dr Robert Cowan The University of Sydney, Australia
- Editorial board
Antichthon is an annual internationally recognised journal of ancient world studies. While it places its main emphasis on Greece and Rome, its scope has been broadly defined so as to embrace the Ancient Near East and the Mediterranean from the beginnings of civilisation to the Early Middle Ages.
The journal is open to contributions from any country, and will publish articles on topics relating to the languages, literature, thought, history, archaeology and reception of the ancient world. It will not undertake full-scale reviewing, but may include occasional reviews and articles reporting the progress of scholarship in a particular field of enquiry. The language of publication is English. From time to time special thematic volumes will be published.
- 16 August 2022,
- The Journal of Hellenic Studies is making some key improvements which will better support authors and readers. Most importantly, from 17 August 2022, contributions to the journal should be submitted using the new online submission system on the Cambridge Core website.…...
- 01 July 2022,
- When only four words of a poet’s entire output in a specific genre survive to the present day, is there really anything of substance that we can say about this...
- 15 June 2022,
- Portable braziers, frequently made of clay utensils and appearing in different shapes (Fig. 1:a), are associated with the process of cooking. They were popular...