1. , et al. Histologic and morphologic comparison of experimental aneurysms with human intracranial aneurysms. Am J Neuroradiol 1998;19:1309–14.
2. . Physical factors in the initiation, growth, and rupture of human intracranial saccular aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1972;37:666–77.
3. , . Origin, growth, and rupture of saccular aneurysms: a review. Neurosurgery 1981;8:248–60.
4. , , . Impact of unruptured intracranial aneurysms on public health in the United States. Stroke 1992;23:1416–19.
5. , , , . Prevalence and risk of rupture of intracranial aneurysms: a systematic review. Stroke 1998;29:251–6.
6. , , Algra A, van Gijn J. Incidence of subarachnoid hemorrhage: role of region, year, and rate of computed tomography: a meta-analysis. Stroke 1996;27:625–9.
7. , , , et al. Trends in hospitalization and mortality for subarachnoid hemorrhage and unruptured aneurysms in the United States. Neuro surgery 2005;57:1–8.
8. . Unruptured intracranial aneurysms – risk of rupture and risks of surgical intervention. N Engl J Med 1998;339:1725–33.
9. , , , et al. Unruptured intracranial aneurysms: natural history, clinical outcome, and risks of surgical and endovascular treatment. Stroke 2003;362:103–10.
10. , , . Natural history of unruptured intracranial aneurysms: probability and risk factors for aneurysm rupture. Neurosurg Focus 2000;8:Preview 1.
11. , , , . The natural history of aneurysms and arteriovenous malformations. J Neurosurg 1985;62:321–3.
12. , , . A brief history of aneurysm clips. Neurosurg Focus 2001;11:E4.
13. , . . Cushing and cerebrovascular surgery: Part I, Aneurysms 2004;101:547–52.
14. . Endovascular treatment of cerebrovascular diseases and intracranial neoplasms. Lancet 2004;363:804–13.
15. , , , . Electrothrombosis of saccular aneurysms via endovascular approach. Part 1: Electrochemical basis, technique, and experimental results. J Neurosurg 1991;75:1–7.
16. , , , . Acute human histopathology of an intracranial aneurysm treated using Guglielmi detachable coils: case report and review of the literature. Neurosurgery 1998;43:1203–8.
17. , , , . Randomized comparison of Guglielmi detachable coils and cellulose acetate polymer for treatment of aneurysms in dogs. Stroke 1998;29:478–85; discussion 485–6.
18. , , , et al. Recommendations for the endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms: a statement for healthcare professionals from the Committee on Cerebrovascular Imaging of the American Heart Association Council on Cardiovasc RadiolStroke 2002;33:2536–44.
19. Canham, PB. Structure, mechanical properties, and mechanics of intracranial saccular aneurysms. J Elast 2000;61:49–81.
20. , , . Cerebral aneurysms. N Engl J Med 2006;355:928–39.
21. , . The physics of endoluminal stenting in the treatment of cerebrovascular aneurysms. Neurol Res 2002;24:S33–42.
22. , , , et al. Role of the bloodstream impacting force and the local pressure elevation in the rupture of cerebral aneurysms. Stroke 2005;36:1933–8.
23. , , . Hemodynamic shear stress and its role in atherosclerosis. J Am Med Assoc 1999;282:2035–42.
24. , , , . Pulsatile flow and atherosclerosis in the human carotid bifurcation. Positive correlation between plaque location and low oscillating shear stress. Arteriosclerosis 1985;5:293–302.
25. , , , , . Visualizing the dynamics of cerebral aneurysms with four-dimensional computed tomographic angiography. Neurosurgery 2005;57:460–71; discussion 460–71.
26. . Turbulence in human intracranial saccular aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1970; 33:485–97.
27. , , , . Basic flow structure in saccular aneurysms: a flow visualization study. Heart Vessels 1987;3:55–65.
28. , , , . Hemodynamic stress in terminal saccular aneurysms: a laser-Doppler study. Heart Vessels 1988;4:162–9.
29. , , . Flow dynamics in a lethal anterior communicating artery aneurysm. Am J Neuroradiol 1999;20:2000–3.
30. , . Analysis of slipstream flow in two ruptured intracranial cerebral aneurysms. Am J Neuroradiol 1999;20:1703–5.
31. , , , , . Stereolithographic vascular replicas from CT scans: choosing treatment strategies, teaching, and research from live patient scan data. Am J Neuroradiol 2005;26:1428–31.
32. , , , et al. From patient to model: stereolithographic modeling of the cerebral vasculature based on rotational angiography. Am J Neuroradiol 2005;26:1425–7.
33. , . Analysis of slipstream flow in a wide-necked basilar artery aneurysm: evaluation of potential treatment regimens. Am J Neuroradiol. 2001;22:721–4.
34. , , , et al. Magnitude and role of wall shear stress on cerebral aneurysm: computational fluid dynamic study of 20 middle cerebral artery aneurysms. Stroke 2004;35:2500–5.
35. , , , et al. Characterization of cerebral aneurysms for assessing risk of rupture by using patient-specific computational hemodynamics models. Am J Neuroradiol 2005;26:2550–9.
36. , , , et al. A proposed parent vessel geometry-based categorization of saccular intracranial aneurysms: computational flow dynamics analysis of the risk factors for lesion rupture. J Neurosurg 2005;103:662–80.
37. , , . Computer modeling of intracranial saccular and lateral aneurysms for the study of their hemodynamics. Neurosurgery 1995;37:774–82; discussion 782–4.
38. , , , , . Image-based computational simulation of flow dynamics in a giant intracranial aneurysm. Am J Neuroradiol 2003;24:559–66.
39. , , , et al. Sensitivity of patient-specific numerical simulation of cerebal aneurysm hemodynamics to inflow boundary conditions. J Neurosurg 2007;106:1051–60.
40. , , . Patient-specific computational fluid dynamics modeling of anterior communicating artery aneurysms: a study of the sensitivity of intra-aneurysmal flow patterns to flow conditions in the carotid arteries. Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:2061–8.
41. , , , et al. Efficient pipeline for image-based patient-specific analysis of cerebral aneurysm hemodynamics: technique and sensitivity. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. 2005;24:457–67.
42. , , . Computational fluid dynamics modeling of intracranial aneurysms: effects of parent artery segmentation on intra-aneurysmal hemodynamics. Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:1703–9.
43. , , , et al. Numerical simulations of flow in cerebral aneurysms: comparison of CFD results and in vivo MRI measurements. J Biomech Eng. 2008;130:051011.
44. , , , et al. PIV-measured versus CFD-predicted flow dynamics in anatomically realistic cerebral aneurysm models. J Biomech Eng 2008;130:021015.
45. , , , et al. Aneurysm growth occurs at region of low wall shear stress: patient-specific correlation of hemodynamics and growth in a longitudinal study. Stroke 2008;39:2997–3002.
46. , , , , . Saccular aneurysms on straight and curved vessels are subject to different hemodynamics: implications of intravascular stenting. Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:1861–5.
47. , . Analysis of slipstream flow in a wide-necked basilar artery aneurysm: evaluation of potential treatment regimens. Am J Neuroradiol 2001;22:721–4.
48. , . Efficient simulation of blood flow past complex endovascular devices using an adaptive embedding technique. IEE Trans Med Imaging 2005;24:468–76.
49. , . Finite-element modeling of the hemodynamics of stented aneurysms. J Biomech Eng 2004;126:382–7.
50. , , , et al. Computational approach to quantifying hemodynamic forces in giant cerebral aneurysms. Am J Neuroradiol 2003;24:1804–10.
51. , , . Three-dimensional geometrical characterization of cerebral aneurysms. Am Biomed Eng 2004;32:264–73.
52. , , . Quantified aneurysm shape and rupture riskJ Neurosurg 2005;102:355–62.
53. , , , . Is the aspect ratio a reliable index for predicting the rupture of a saccular aneurysm?Neurosurgery 2001;48:495–502; discussion 502–3.
54. , , , , . On the effect of parent-aneurysm angle on flow patterns in basilar tip aneurysms: towards a surrogate geometric marker of intra-aneurismal hemodynamics. J Biomech 2008;41:241–8.
55. , , , . Comparison of cost and outcome of endovascular and neurosurgical procedures in the treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms. Australas Radiol 2002;46:249–51.
56. , , , et al. Evaluation of cerebral vasospasm after early surgical and endovascular treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms. Neurosurgery 1998;42:258–67; discussion 267–8.
57. , , , et al. A comparison between endovascular and surgical management of basilar artery apex aneurysms. J Neurosurg 1999;90:868–74.
58. , , , et al. Effect of clipping, craniotomy, or intravascular coiling on cerebral vasospasm and patient outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery 2004;55:779–86; discussion 786–9.
59. , , , . Patient outcome after endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with reference to microsurgical clipping. Acta Neurol Scand 1999;99:284–90.
60. , , , et al. The effect of clipping and coiling in acute severe subarachnoid hemorrhage after international subarachnoid aneurysmal trial (ISAT) results. Aminim Invasive Neurosurg 2005;48:224–7.
61. , , , , . Combined management of intracranial aneurysms by surgical and endovascular treatment. Modalities and results from a series of 395 cases. Acta Neurochir (Wien) 1999;141:557–62.
62. , , , et al. Prospective analysis of aneurysm treatment in a series of 103 consecutive patients when endovascular embolization is considered the first option. J Neurosurg 2000;93:175–82.
63. , , , et al. Endovascular embolization vs surgical clipping in treatment of cerebral aneurysms: morbidity and mortality with short-term outcome. Surg Neurol 2006;66:277–84; discussion 284.
64. , , , . A population-based study of neurosurgical and endovascular treatment of ruptured, intracranial aneurysms in a small neurosurgical unit. Neurosurgery 2006;59:1168–75; discussion 1175–6.
65. , , , , . Cerebral aneurysms: conventional microsurgical technique and endovascular method. Surg Technol Int 2007;16:228–35.
66. , , , et al. Endovascular and surgical treatment of unruptured cerebral aneurysms: comparison of risks. Ann Neurol 2000;48:11–19.
67. , , , . Surgical and endovascular treatment of unruptured cerebral aneurysms at university hospitals. Neurology 1999;52:1799–805.
68. , , , , . Treatment of unruptured cerebral aneurysms in California. Stroke 2001;32:597–605.
69. , , , , . Impact of hospital-related factors on outcome after treatment of cerebral aneurysms. Stroke 2003;34:2200–7.
70. , , . Immediate clinical outcome of patients harboring unruptured intracranial aneurysms treated by endovascular approach: results of the ATENA study. Stroke 2008;39:2497–504.
71. . Stroke 2006;37:1437–42.
72. , , , et al. Outcomes of early endovascular versus surgical treatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms. A prospective randomized study. Stroke 2000;31:2369–77.
73. , , , , . Ruptured intracranial aneurysms: acute endovascular treatment with electrolytically detachable coils–a prospective randomized study. Radiology 1999;211:325–36.
74. , , , et al. International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a randomised trial. Lancet 2002;360:1267–74.
75. , , , et al. International subarachnoid aneurysm trial (ISAT) of neurosurgical clipping versus endovascular coiling in 2143 patients with ruptured intracranial aneurysms: a randomised comparison of effects on survival, dependency, seizures, rebleeding, subgroups, and aneurysm occlusion. Lancet 2005;366:809–17.
76. , , , et al. Retreatment of ruptured cerebral aneurysms in patients randomized by coiling or clipping in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT). Stroke 2007;38:1538–44.
77. , , , et al. Risk of recurrent subarachnoid haemorrhage, death, or dependence and standardised mortality ratios after clipping or coiling of an intracranial aneurysm in the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT): long-term follow-up. Lancet Neurol 2009;8:427–33.
78. , , , et al. Endovascular coiling versus neurosurgical clipping for patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2005:CD003085.
79. , , , et al. Analysis of cost related to clinical and angiographic outcomes of aneurysm patients enrolled in the international subarachnoid aneurysm trial in a North American setting. Neurosurgery 2005;56:886–94; discussion 886–94.
80. , , , et al. Use of quality-adjusted life years for the estimation of effectiveness of health care: a systematic literature review. Int J Technol Assen Health Care 2006;22:235–41.
81. , , . Which unruptured cerebral aneurysms should be treated? A cost-utility analysis. Neurology 1999;52:1806–15.
82. , , , et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of endovascular versus neurosurgical treatment for ruptured intracranial aneurysms in the United States. J Neurosurg 2009;110:880–6.
83. , , , et al. Quality of life after treatment of unruptured intracranial aneurysms by neurosurgical clipping or by embolisation with coils. A prospective, observational study. Cerebrovasc Dis 2004;17:44–52.
84. . Ten years of advances in neuroendovascular procedures. J Endovasc Ther 2004;11 Suppl 2:II1–4.
85. . Current management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage guidelines from the Canadian Neurosurgical Society. Can J Neurol Soc 1997;24:161–70.
86. , , , et al. Recommendations for the management of patients with unruptured intracranial aneurysms: A Statement for healthcare professionals from the Stroke Council of the American Heart Association. Stroke 2000;31:2742–50.
87. , , , et al. The International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial (ISAT): a position statement from the Executive Committee of the American Society of Interventional and Therapeutic Neuroradiology and the American Society of Neuroradiology. Am J Neuroradiol 2003;24:1404–8.
88. , , , . German Society of Neurosurgery Section on Vascular Neurosurgery: Position Statement on the International Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Trial (ISAT). Zentraibl Neurochir 2003;64:99–103.
90. , , , et al. Recommendations for comprehensive stroke centers: a consensus statement from the Brain Attack Coalition. Stroke 2005;36:1597–616.
91. , , , et al. Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: a statement for healthcare professionals from a special writing group of the Stroke Council, American Heart Association. Stroke 2009;40:994–1025.
92. . Comparison between endovascular and surgical treatment for intracranial aneurysms: challenges for clinical trials. 29th International Stroke Conference; San Diego, CA:February 5–7, 2004.
93. , , , et al. Mortality rates after subarachnoid hemorrhage: variations according to hospital case volume in 18 states. J Neurosurg 2003;99:810–17.
94. , , . Impact of early surgery on outcome after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. A population-based study. Stroke 1993;24:1649–54.
95. , , , . Trends over time in the management of subarachnoid haemorrhage in Newcastle: review of 1609 patients. Br J Neurosurg 2001;15:388–95.
96. , , , et al. Analysis of subarachnoid hemorrhage according to the Japanese Standard Stroke Registry Study – incidence, outcome, and comparison with the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 2004;44:275–6.
97. , , , . Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: management strategies and clinical outcomes in a regional neuroscience center. Am J Neuroradiol 2005;26:367–72.
98. , , , . The impact of the international subarachnoid aneurysm trial (ISAT) on the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage in a neurosurgical unit in the UK. Clin Neurol Neurosurg 2006;108:117–23.
99. , , , . Treatment of ruptured intracranial aneurysms since the International Subarachnoid Aneurysm Trial: practice utilizing clip ligation and coil embolization as individual or complementary therapies. J Neurosurg 2006;104:344–9.
100. , , , , . Stent management of coil herniation in embolization of internal carotid aneurysms. Am J Neuroradiol 2008;29:1951–5.
101. , , , , . Retrieval of prolapsed coils during endovascular treatment of cerebral aneurysms. Neuroradiology 2006;48:269–72.
102. , , , . Parent vessel Guglielmi detachable coil herniation during wide-necked aneurysm embolization: treatment with intracranial stent placement: two technical case reports. Neurosurgery 2000;46:1013–17.
103. , , , , . Prevention and treatment of thromboembolic and ischemic complications associated with endovascular procedures: Part I –Pathophysiological and pharmacological features. Neurosurgery 2000;46:1344–59.
104. , , , et al. Intracerebral hemorrhages associated with neurointerventional procedures using a combination of antithrombotic agents including abciximab. Stroke 2002;33:1916–19.
105. , , , , . Prevention and treatment of thromboembolic and ischemic complications associated with endovascular procedures: Part II–Clinical aspects and recommendations. Neurosurgery 2000;46:1360–75; discussion 1375–6.
106. , , , et al. Postprocedure ischemic events after treatment of intracranial aneurysms with Guglielmi detachable coils. J Neurosurg 2002;96:837–43.
107. , , , , . Abciximab is a safe rescue therapy in thromboembolic events complicating cerebral aneurysm coil embolization: single center experience in 42 cases and review of the literature. Stroke 2009;40:1750–7.
108. , , , et al. Local intraarterial fibrinolysis of thromboemboli occurring during endovascular treatment of intracerebral aneurysm: a comparison of anatomic results and clinical outcome. Am J Neuroradiol 1998;19:157–65.
109. , , , et al. Local intra-arterial fibrinolysis of thromboemboli occurring during neuroendovascular procedures with recombinant tissue plasminogen activator. Stroke 2003;34:1723–8.
110. , . Cerebral aneurysm perforations complicating therapy with Guglielmi detachable coils: a meta-analysis. Am J Neuroradiol 2002;23:1706–9.
111. , , , et al. Predictors and outcomes of intraprocedural rupture in patients treated for ruptured intracranial aneurysms: the CARAT study. Stroke 2008;39:1501–6.
112. , , , . Long-term outcome after medical reversal of transtentorial herniation in patients with supratentorial mass lesions. Crit Carc Med 2000;28:1556–64.
113. , , , et al. Outcomes after aneurysm rupture during endovascular coil embolization. Neurosurgery 2001;49:1059–66; discussion 1066–7.
114. , , , et al. Aneurysmal rupture during embolization with Guglielmi detachable coils: causes, management, and outcome. Am J Neuroradiol 2001;22:1825–32.
115. , , , et al. Prevention and management of intraprocedural rupture of intracranial aneurysm with detachable coils during embolization. Neuroradiology 2006;48:907–15.
116. , , . Endovascular treatment of unruptured aneurysms. Stroke 2001;32:1998–2004.
117. , , , et al. Long-term angiographic recurrences after selective endovascular treatment of aneurysms with detachable coils. Stroke 2003;34:1398–403.
118. , , , et al. Intracranial aneurysms: treatment with bare platinum coils–aneurysm packing, complex coils, and angiographic recurrence. Radiology 2007;243:500–8.
119. , , , et al. Evaluation of the stability of aneurysms after embolization using detachable coils: correlation between stability of aneurysms and embolized volume of aneurysms. Am J Neuroradiol 2002;23:762–7.
120. , , , et al. Microsurgical clipping and endovascular coiling of intracranial aneurysms: a critical review of the literature. Neurosurgery 2008;62:1187–202; discussion 1202–3.
121. . HydroCoil for Endovascular Aneurysm Occlusion (HEAL) study: periprocedural results. Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:289–92.
122. , . Endovascular embolization of 150 basilar tip aneurysms with Guglielmi detachable coils: results of the Food and Drug Administration multicenter clinical trial. J Neurosurg 1998;89:81–6.
123. , , , et al. Embolization of intracranial aneurysms with hydrogel-coated coils versus inert platinum coils: effects on packing density, coil length and quantity, procedure performance, cost, length of hospital stay, and durability of therapy. Stroke 2006;37:1443–50.
124. , , , et al. A multicenter study of 705 ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with Guglielmi detachable coils. Am J Neuroradiol 2005;26:1723–31.
125. , , , et al. Midterm clinical experience with a complex-shaped detachable platinum coil system for the treatment of cerebral aneurysms: Trufill DCS Orbit detachable coil system registry interim results. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2007;18:1487–94.
126. , , , et al. Embolization of intracranial aneurysms with hydrogel-coated coils: result of a Korean multicenter trial. Neurosurgery 2007;61:51–8; discussion 58–9.
127. , , , . Cerebral Aneurysm Multicenter European Onyx (CAMEO) trial: results of a prospective observational study in 20 European centers. Am J Neuroradiol 2004;25:39–51.
128. , , , et al. Initial clinical experience with matrix detachable coils for the treatment of intracranial aneurysms. J Neurosurg 2006;105:192–9.
129. , , , . Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with matrix detachable coils: immediate posttreatment results from a prospective multicenter registry. Am J Neuroradiol 2006;27:1693–9.
130. , , , et al. Selective endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms using micrus microcoils: preliminary results in a series of 78 patients. J Neuroradiol 2002;29:114–21.
131. , , , . Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with matrix detachable coils: midterm anatomic follow-up from a prospective multicenter registry. Am J Neuroradiol 2008;29:57–61.
132. , , , et al. Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms with radioactive coils: initial clinical experience. Stroke 2003;34:2801–6.
133. , , , . Initial experience with bioactive cerecyte detachable coils: impact on reducing recurrence rates. Neurosurgery 2008;62:799–805; discussion 805–6.
134. , , . Guglielmi detachable coil embolization of acute intracranial aneurysm: perioperative anatomical and clinical outcome in 403 patients. J Neurosurg 1997;86:475–82.
138. , , , et al. Complex-shaped platinum coils for brain aneurysms: higher packing density, improved biomechanical stability, and midterm angiographic outcome. Am J Neuroradiol 2007;28:1395–400.
139. , . Endovascular coiling of cerebral aneurysms using “bioactive” or coated-coil technologies: a systematic review of the literature. 2009;30:219–26.
140. . HELPS. Update on clinical trial results. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15 (suppl 1): 24.
141. . Cerecyte. Update on clinical trial results. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15 (suppl 1): 24.
142. PL RF AR. Clinical results of aneurysm embolization with GDC and Matrix coils in clarity study. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15 (suppl 1): 86.
143. MAJ MZ LS SM FL. Clinical and procedural outcomes in patients with ruptured cerebral aneurysms in the HELPS & Cerecyte randomized trials: a meta-analysis and comparison with matched dataset from ISAT. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15 (suppl 1): 48.
145. , , , et al. Endovascular occlusion of intracranial wide-necked aneurysms with stenting (Neuroform) and coiling: mid-term and long-term results. Neuroradiology 2009;51:401–409.
146. , , , . Usefulness of the Neuroform stent for the treatment of cerebral aneurysms: results at initial (3–6-mo) follow-up. Neurosurgery 2005;56:1191–201; discussion 1201–2.
147. , , , , . Endovascular occlusion of wide-necked aneurysms with a new intracranial microstent (Neuroform) and detachable coils. Neurosurgery 2004;54:1359–67; discussion 1368.
149. , , , et al. A new self-expanding nitinol stent (Enterprise) for the treatment of wide-necked intracranial aneurysms: initial clinical and angiographic results in 31 aneurysms. Neuroradiology 2007;49:555–61.
150. , , , et al. Treatment of intracranial aneurysms with the Enterprise stent: a multicenter registry. J Neurosurg 2009;110:35–9.
152. , , , et al. Immediate and midterm follow-up results of using an electrodetachable, fully retrievable SOLO stent system in the endovascular coil occlusion of wide-necked cerebral aneurysms. J Neurosurg 2007;107:49–55.
153. . The SILK registry: intracranial aneurysm treatment with a new flow diverter. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15(Suppl 1):112–13.
154. LJ FA CR SE PB. Intracranial endovascular reconstruction in brain aneurysms with a flow divertor device Pipeline: initial experience and mid-term follow-up. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15(Suppl 1:46).
155. NP BA BZ MM KZ VZ LW GI. The efficacy of flow modification in the treatment of aneurysms: follow-up results on aneurysms treated by the Pipline Embolization Device. Interventional Neuroradiol 2009;15(Suppl 1:113).
156. , , , Lanzino G. Coiling of aneurysms. Lancet Neurol 2007;6:616–25.