1. . Spontaneous dissection of the carotid and vertebral arteries. N Engl J Med 2001;344:898–906.
2. , , , , , . [Cerebral ischemic accidents in young subjects. A prospective study of 296 patients aged 16 to 45 years]. Rev Neurol (Paris) 1999;155:575–82.
3. , . Sicklemia; its pathological and clinical significance. South Med J 1949;42:376–84.
4. , , , et al. Incidence of internal carotid artery dissection in the community of Dijon. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1994;57:1443.
5. , , , . Incidence and outcome of cervical artery dissection: a population-based study. Neurology 2006;67:1809–12.
6. , , , , . Stroke following chiropractic manipulation of the cervical spine. J Neurol 1999;246:683–8.
7. , , , , , . Risk of stroke and recurrent dissection after a cervical artery dissection: a multicenter study. Neurology 2003;61:1347–51.
8. , , . Recurrent spontaneous cervical-artery dissection. N Engl J Med 1994;330:393–7.
9. , , , . Recurrent spontaneous arterial dissections: risk in familial versus nonfamilial disease. Stroke 1996;27:622–4.
10. , , , , . Heritable connective tissue disorders in cervical artery dissections: a prospective study. Neurology 1998;50:1166–9.
11. . The vertebral artery. Extracranial and intracranial structure. Arch Neurol 1972;27:392–6.
12. , , . Sudden neck movement and cervical artery dissection. The Canadian Stroke Consortium. Cmaj 2000;163:38–40.
13. , , . Spontaneous dissection of the extracranial vertebral arteries. Stroke 1985;16:1030–8.
14. , , . Spontaneous dissection of cervico-cerebral arteries. Can J Neurol Sci 1978;5:9–19.
15. , , . Association of cervical artery dissection with connective tissue abnormalities in skin and arteries. Front Neurol Neurosci 2005;20:16–29.
16. , , , et al. Increased prevalence of hyperhomocysteinemia in cervical artery dissection causing stroke: a case-control study. Cerebrovasc Dis 2009;27:241–6.
17. , , , et al. Familial cervical artery dissections: clinical, morphologic, and genetic studies. Stroke 2006;37:2924–9.
18. , . The genetics of cervical artery dissection. A Systematic Review. Stroke 2009;40:e459–66.
19. , , , . Head pain in non-traumatic carotid artery dissection: a series of 65 patients. Cephalalgia 1994;14:33–6.
20. . Headache and neck pain: the warning symptoms of vertebral artery dissection. Headache 1994;34:187–93.
21. , . Cranial nerve palsies in spontaneous carotid artery dissection. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1993;56:1191–9.
22. , , , . Pulsatile tinnitus: a harbinger of a greater ill?Head Neck 2009;31:269–73.
23. , , , et al. Vertebral artery dissection complicated by basilar artery occlusion successfully treated with intra-arterial thrombolysis: three case reports. Neurol Sci 2008;29:51–5.
24. , , , et al. Carotid stenosis: a comparison between MR and spiral CT angiography. Neuroradiology 1998;40:367–73.
25. , , , et al. Spiral CT angiography in the study of the carotid stenoses. J Neuroradiol 1997;24:18–22.
26. , , , et al. Clinical usefulness of and problems with three-dimensional CT angiography for the evaluation of arteriosclerotic stenosis of the carotid artery: comparison with conventional angiography, MRA, and ultrasound sonography. Surg Neurol 1999;51:301–8; discussion 308–9.
27. , , , . The emerging role of multidetector row CT angiography in the diagnosis of cervical arterial dissection: preliminary study. Neuroradiology 2006;48:606–12.
28. , , , . [CT angiography in dissections of the internal carotid artery. Value of a new examination technique in comparison with DSA and Doppler ultrasound]. Radiologe 1996;36:850–4.
29. , , , , , . for the diagnosis of extracranial internal carotid artery dissection. Stroke 1996;27:461–6.
30. , , , , , . Comparison of multidetector CT angiography and MR imaging of cervical artery dissection. Am J Neuroradiol 2008;29:1753–60.
31. , , , et al. Carotid and vertebral artery dissections: three-dimensional time-of-flight MR angiography and MR imaging versus conventional angiography. Radiology 1994;190:97–103.
32. , , , . Magnetic resonance imaging study of intracranial vertebrobasilar artery dissections. Stroke 1994;25:571–5.
33. . Dissection of the internal carotid and vertebral arteries: imaging features. Am J Roentgenol 1995;165:1099–104.
34. , , , . Accuracy of color duplex ultrasound diagnosis of spontaneous carotid dissection causing ischemia. Stroke 2006;37:377–81.
35. , , , et al. Negative ultrasound findings in patients with cervical artery dissection. Negative ultrasound in CAD. J Neurol 2006;253:424–33.
36. , , , et al. Carotid dissection with and without ischemic events: local symptoms and cerebral artery findings. Neurology 2001;57:827–32.
37. , , , et al. Sensitivity of neurovascular ultrasound for the detection of spontaneous cervical artery dissection. J Clin Neurosci 2009;16:79–82.
38. , , , , , . Dissection of cervical arteries: long-term follow-up study of 130 consecutive cases. Cerebrovasc Dis 2006;22:150–4.
39. , , . Outcome of extracranial cervicocephalic arterial dissections: a follow-up study. Neurol Res 2002;24:395–8.
40. , , , . Noninvasive monitoring of internal carotid artery dissection. Stroke 1994;25:998–1005.
41. et al. Clinical and radiological predictors of neurological deterioration in spontaneous cervico-carotid dissections. Abstract submitted in the International Stroke Conference 2010 San Antonio, TX 2009.
42. , , , , , . Aneurysmal forms of cervical artery dissection: associated factors and outcome. Stroke 2001;32:418–23.
43. , , , . Treatment of cervical artery dissection: a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008;79:1122–7.
44. , , , et al. Delayed occlusion after internal carotid artery dissection under heparin. Cerebrovasc Dis 2004;18:296–303.
45. , . Antithrombotic drugs for carotid artery dissection. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2003:CD000255.
46. , , , et al. Aspirin vs anticoagulation in carotid artery dissection: a study of 298 patients. Neurology 2009;72:1810–5.
47. , , , et al. Guidelines for prevention of stroke in patients with ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack: a statement for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Council on Stroke: co-sponsored by the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention: the American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline. Circulation 2006;113:e409–49.
48. , , , et al. IV thrombolysis in patients with acute stroke due to spontaneous carotid dissection. Neurology 2005;64:1612–14.
49. , , , et al. Thrombolysis in patients with acute stroke caused by cervical artery dissection: analysis of 9 patients and review of the literature. Arch Neurol 2002;59:549–53.
50. , , , . Traumatic vertebral arterial dissection and vertebrobasilar arterial thrombosis successfully treated with endovascular thrombolysis and stenting. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 1998;19:1677–80.
51. , , , . Surgical treatment of extracranial internal carotid artery dissecting aneurysms. Neurosurgery 1994;35:809–15; discussion 815–16.
52. , , , , . Emergent stenting to treat patients with carotid artery dissection: clinically and radiologically directed therapeutic decision making. Stroke 2003;34:e254–7.
53. , , , . Endovascular Treatment of Distal Cervical and Intracranial Dissections with the Neuroform Stent. Neurosurgery 2008; 62(3): 636–46.
54. , , , et al. Endovascular management of extracranial carotid artery dissection achieved using stent angioplasty. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2000;21:1280–92.
55. , , . Endovascular management of symptomatic vertebral artery dissection achieved using stent angioplasty and emboli protection device. Neurol Res 2003;25:418–22.
56. , , . Endovascular management of spontaneous bilateral symptomatic vertebral artery dissections. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2003;24:2052–6.
57. , , , . Stent assisted endovascular thrombolysis of internal carotid artery dissection. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2005;76:292–3.
58. , , , . Endovascular treatment of distal cervical and intracranial dissections with the neuroform stent. Neurosurgery 2008;62:636–46; discussion 646.
59. , , , , . Endovascular stent-assisted angioplasty in the management of traumatic internal carotid artery dissections. Stroke 2005;36:e45–7.
60. , , , . Long-term clinical and angiographic outcomes in patients with spontaneous cervico-cranial dissections treated with stent placement. Abstract submitted in the International Stroke ConferenceSan AntonioTX 2010 2009.