1. , Sonographic assessment of urinary retention in multiple system atrophy and idiopathic Parkinson's disease. Mov Disord 2005;20:1499–502.
2. , , , et al. Incomplete emptying and urinary retention in multiple-system atrophy: when does it occur and how do we manage it? Mov Disord 2006;21:816–23.
3. , , , , Urological manifestations associated with chronic intestinal pseudo-obstructions in children. J Urol 2002;168(4 Pt 2):1768–70.
4. , , , , Long-term outcome of congenital intestinal pseudoobstruction. Dig Dis Sci 2002;47:2298–305.
5. , , Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction syndrome in pediatrics. Results of a national survey by members of the North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 1988;7:323–32.
6. , , The role of the human bladder lamina propria myofibroblast. BJU Int 2003;91:89–93.
7. Psychogenic urinary retention after parturition resulting in hydronephrosis. Br Med J 1960;2:1422–4.
8. A review of literature on psychogenic urinary retention. J Urol 1965;94:257–8.
9. Psychogenic urinary retention. South Med J 1972;65:302–4.
10. Psychogenic urinary retention in women. Mayo Clin Proc 1976;51:351–6.
11. , Psychogenic urinary retention. Urol 1979;13:30–5.
12. Psychogenic urinary retention. Psychother Psychosom 1980;34:45–51.
13. , , , et al. La retention psychogene d'urine chez la femme: aspects diagnostiques et therapeutiques. J d'Urologie 1988;94:159–62.
14. Bladder-neck obstruction in women. Proc R Soc Med 1953;46:558–64.
15. , External sphincter spasticity syndrome in female patients. J Urol 1976;115:443–6.
16. , Abnormal electromyographic activity (decelerating bursts and complex repetitive discharges) in the striated muscle of the urethral sphincter in 5 women with persisting urinary retention. Br J Urol 1985;57:69–70.
17. , , , et al. Abnormal electromyographic activity of the urethral sphincter, voiding dysfunction, and polycystic ovaries: a new syndrome? BMJ 1988;297:1436–8.
18. , , Decelerating burst and complex repetitive discharges in the striated muscle of the urethral sphincter, associated with urinary retention in women. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1985;48:1004–9.
19. Pseudomyotonia of the periurethral sphincter in women with urinary incontinence. J Urol 1979;122:838–40.
20. , . The importance of complex repetitive discharges in the striated female urethral sphincter and male bulbocavernosus muscle. Scand J Urol Nephrol Suppl 1996;179:69–73.
21. , , Complex repetitive discharges during urethral sphincter EMG: clinical correlates. Neurourol Urodyn 2000;19:577–83.
22. , Electromyography in urinary retention and obstructed voiding in women. Scand J Urol Nephrol Suppl 2002:55–8.
23. , , , Anatomical relationship between urethra and clitoris. J Urol 1998;159:1892–7.
24. , Clitoral anatomy in nulliparous, healthy, premenopausal volunteers using unenhanced magnetic resonance imaging. J Urol 2005;173:2060–3.
25. , , , The cause and natural history of isolated urinary retention in young women. J Urol 2002;167:151–6.
26. , , , Maximum urethral closure pressure and sphincter volume in women with urinary retention. J Urol 2002;167:1348–51.
27. , The urethral pressure profile: theoretical considerations and clinical application. Br J Urol 1974;46:325–36.
28. , , , Maximum urethral closure pressure and sphincter volume in women in retention. J Urol 2002;167:367–71.
29. , , , et al. Neural control of the urethra. Scand J Urol Nephrol Suppl 2001;35:35–43.
30. , , The neural control of micturition. Nat Rev Neurosci 2008;9:453–66.
31. , , , , A functional magnetic resonance imaging study of the effect of sacral neuromodulation on brain responses in women with Fowler's syndrome. BJU Int 2010;105:366–72.
32. , , , Sacral neuromodulation for women with Fowler's syndrome. Eur Urol 2000;38:439–43.
33. , Urodynamic study of women in urinary retention treated with sacral neuromodulation. J Urol 2004;171:1161–4.
34. , , , Changes in brain activity following sacral neuromodulation for urinary retention. J Urol 2005;174:2268–72.
35. , , , Drug-induced urinary retention: incidence, management and prevention. Drug Saf 2008;31:373–88.
36. , , , et al. The urodynamic effects of intravenous opioids and ketoprofen in humans. Anesth Analg 1998;87:456–61.
37. , , , et al. Intrathecal opioids and lower urinary tract function: a urodynamic evaluation. Anesthesiology 2004;100:1497–503.
38. , , , , Patient-controlled analgesia and prolonged ileus after uncomplicated colectomy. Am J Surg 1995;170:371–4.
39. , , , , Actions of tramadol on micturition in awake, freely moving rats. Br J Pharmacol 2003;139:741–8.
40. , Tramadol inhibits rat detrusor overactivity caused by dopamine receptor stimulation. J Urol 2003;170:272–5.
41. , , , Bladder dysfunction during the use of tramadol. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 1999;8(Suppl 1):S63–4.
42. , , , , Activation of mu opioid receptors in the ventrolateral periaqueductal gray inhibits reflex micturition in anesthetized rats. Neurosci Lett 2004;363:116–9.
43. , , , et al. The possible role of opiates in women with urinary retention. Observations from a prospective clinical study. 39th Annual Meeting of the International Continence Society (ICS). San Francisco; 2009.
44. , , , et al. Sacral neurostimulation for urinary retention: 10-year experience from one UK centre. BJU Int 2008;101:192–6.
45. , , , , Medium-term experience of sacral neuromodulation by tined lead implantation. BJU Int 2007;99:107–10.
46. , , , , Sacral neuromodulation: long-term experience of one center. Urology 2005;65:1114–7.
47. , , The presence of Fowler's syndrome predicts successful long-term outcome of sacral nerve stimulation in women with urinary retention. Eur Urol 2007;51:229–33.
48. , , et al. Two-stage sacral neuromodulation for chronic urinary retention in women: outcome and response prognostic factors. In prepration.
49. , , et al. Influence of naloxone on inhibitory predendal-to-bladder reflex in cats. Exp Neurol 2010;224:282–91.
50. , , , Results of double-blind placebo-controlled crossover study of sildenafil citrate (Viagra) in women suffering from obstructed voiding or retention associated with the primary disorder of sphincter relaxation (Fowler's syndrome). Eur Urol 2007;51:489–97.
51. , , , , Botulinum toxin in the treatment of chronic urinary retention in women. Br J Urol 1992;70:387–9.
52. , , , et al. Efficacy of sacral nerve stimulation for urinary retention: results 18 months after implantation. J Urol 2001;165:15–9.