1. , , , ,
Complications associated with anesthesia administered for
dental treatment. Gen
2. , , , et al. The
Richmond Agitation–Sedation Scale: validity and reliability in
adult intensive care unit patients. Am J
Respir Crit Care Med
3. , . Comparison of selected sedation scales for
reporting opioid-induced sedation assessment.
Pain Manag Nurs
4. , , , , . [Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography in
the elderly: a prospective and comparative study in Northern
Mexico.] Rev Gastroenterol
5. , , , et al. ED
procedural sedation of elderly patients: is it
Am J Emerg Med
6. , . Sedation and analgesia in the interventional
radiology department. J Vasc Interv
7. , . Key medical considerations in the difficult
airway: sleep apnea, obesity, and burns. In Norton ML,
Brown ACD, eds., Atlas of the Difficult Airway.
St Louis, MO: Mosby
Management of complications. In
Practical Guide to Moderate Sedation/Analgesia,
2nd edn. New York, NY: Mosby,
9. , . Assessment and management of the
airway. In , ed., Perianesthesia Nursing: a Critical Care
Approach. St Louis, MO:
10. , , , , . Bronchospasms and wheezing after induction of
anesthesia with propofol in patients with a history of
asthma. J Anesth
11. . Pulmonary aspiration. In , ed., Complications in Anesthesia, 2nd
edn. Philadelphia, PA:
12. , , . Adverse events with outpatient anesthesia in
Massachusetts. J Oral Maxillofac
13. . Anesthesiology Info.
anesthesiologyinfo.com/articles/04252004.php (accessed June
14. . Postoperative delirium. In , ed., Complications in Anesthesia, 2nd
edn. Philadelphia, PA:
15. . Propofol infusion syndrome in
16. , . Reports of death with use of propofol (Diprivan)
for nonprocedural (long-term) sedation and literature
17. . Propofol infusion syndrome.
Am J Ther
18. , , , , . Lactate-to-pyruvate ratio as a marker of propofol infusion
syndrome after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurocrit
2010 Nov 10 [Epub ahead of print].
19. , , , et al. Propofol infusion
syndrome during refractory status epilepticus in a young adult: successful
ECMO resuscitation. Neurocrit Care
2010 May 25 [Epub ahead of print].
20. , , , . Benzocaine-induced methemoglobinemia based on the
Mayo Clinic experience from 28 478 transesophageal echocardiograms:
incidence, outcomes, and predisposing factors.
Arch Intern Med
21. , ,
Prilocaine induced methaemoglobinaemia in a medically
compromised patient: was this an inevitable consequence of the dose
administered? Br Dent
22. , , , et al. American
Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Standards of Practice Committee.
Guidelines for conscious sedation and monitoring during gastrointestinal
23. , , . Paradoxical reactions to benzodiazepines:
literature review and treatment options.
24. , . Physostigmine reversal of drug-induced paradoxical
excitement. Int J Oral Maxillofac