1. , . Uterine leiomyomata: etiology, symptomatology, and management. Fertil Steril 1981;36:433–45.
2. , , , , . Measured menstrual blood loss in women with pelvic disease or coagulation disorder. Obstet Gynecol 1986;68:630–3.
3. , , , , . Uterine fibroids – do size and location determine menstrual bloodloss?Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2004;115:85–9.
4. , , . Leiomyoma simultaneously impair endometrial BMP-2-mediated decidualization and anticoagulant expression through secretion of TGF-β3. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2011;96:412–21.
5. , , . Inflammatory pathways in endometrial disorders. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2011;335:42–51.
6. , , , . Up-regulation of apoptosis by gonadotrophin-releasing hormone agonist in cultures of endometrial cells from women with symptomatic myomas. Hum Reprod 2010;25:2270–5.
7. , , , . Fibroids and reproductive outcomes: a systematic literature review from conception to delivery. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2008;198:357–66.
8. , , , et al. Treatment with the gonadotrophin releasing hormone-agonist goserelin before hysterectomy for uterine fibroids. BrJ Obstet Gynaecol 1994;101:438–42.
9. , , , , . Prevalence, symptoms and management of uterine fibroids: an international internet-based survey of 21,746 women. BMC Womens Health 2012;12:6.
10. , , , et al. The VALUE national hysterectomy study: description of the patients and their surgery. BJOG 2002;109:302–12.
11. , , , et al. Severe complications of hysterectomy: the VALUE study. BJOG 2004;111:688–94.
12. . Modern management of fibroids. Obstet Gynaecol Reprod Med 2010;20:82–6.
13. , , , , , . A prospective short-term evaluation of uterine leiomyomas treated by myomectomy through conventional laparotomy or ultraminilaparotomy. Fertil Steril 2008;90:2361–6.
14. , , , , . Uterine artery embolization versus surgery in the treatment of symptomatic fibroids: a systematic review and metaanalysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;205:317.e1–18.
15. , , , et al.; Committee of the Randomized Trial of Embolization versus Surgical Treatment of Fibroids. Uterine-artery embolization versus surgery for symptomatic uterine fibroids. N Engl J Med 2007;356:360–70.
16. , , , , , . Uterine artery embolization vs hysterectomy in the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids: 5-year outcome from the randomized EMMY trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2010;203:105.e1–13.
17. , , , et al. Randomised comparison of uterine artery embolisation (UAE) with surgical treatment in patients with symptomatic uterine fibroids (REST trial): 5-year results. BJOG 2011;118:936–44.
18. , , , . Evaluation of the effect of uterine artery embolisation on menstrual blood loss and uterine volume. BJOG 2004;111:700–5.
19. , , , et al. A multi-centre retrospective cohort study comparing the efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of hysterectomy and uterine artery embolisation for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids. The HOPEFUL study. Health Technol Assess 2008;12:1–248, iii.
20. , , , , . A UK multicentre retrospective cohort study comparing hysterectomy and uterine artery embolisation for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids (HOPEFUL study): main results on medium-term safety and efficacy. BJOG 2007;114:1340–51.
21. , , , et al. The effects of uterine artery embolisation and surgical treatment on ovarian function in woman with uterine fibroids. BJOG 2010;117:985–9.
22. , , . Selective progesterone receptor modulators in reproductive medicine: pharmacology, clinical efficacy and safety. Fertil Steril 2011;96:1175–89.
23. , , , et al. Effects of the selective progesterone receptor modulator asoprisnil on uterine artery blood flow, ovarian activity, and clinical symptoms in patients with uterine leiomyomata scheduled for hysterectomy. J Clin Endocrinol & Metabol 2008;93:4664–71.
24. , , , et al.; PEARL I Study Group. Ulipristal acetate versus placebo for fibroid treatment before surgery. N Engl J Med 2012;366:409–20.
25. , , , et al.; PEARL II Study Group. Ulipristal acetate versus leuprolide acetate for uterine fibroids. N Engl J Med 2012;366:421–32.
26. , . Magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound surgery. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2008;51:159–66.
27. , , , et al. Magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound of uterine leiomyomas: review of a 12-month outcome of 130 clinical patients. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2011;22:857–64.
28. , , , , , . Magnetic resonance-guided focused ultrasound surgery for leiomyoma-associated infertility. Fertil Steril 2011;96:e9–e12.
29. , , , et al. Comparing focused ultrasound and uterine artery embolization for uterine fibroids-rationale and design of the Fibroid Interventions: reducing symptoms today and tomorrow (FIRSTT) trial. Fertil Steril 2011;96:704–10.