1. , . Evolution, development and timing of puberty. Trends Endocrinol Metab 2006;17:7–12.
2. , , , , , . The timing of normal puberty and the age limits of sexual precocity: variations around the world, secular trends, and changes after migration. Endocr Rev 2003;24:668–93.
3. , , , . Early life circumstances and their impact on menarche and menopause. Womens Health (Lond Engl) 2009;5:175–90.
4. , , , , . Dietary protein intake throughout childhood is associated with the timing of puberty. J Nutr 2010;140:565–71.
5. , , , , . Determinants of age at menarche in the UK: analyses from the Breakthrough Generations Study. Br J Cancer 2010;103:1760–4.
6. , . Female athlete triad syndrome in the high school athlete. Phys Ther Sport 2011;12:108–16.
7. , , . Pubertal growth and development and prenatal and lactational exposure to polychlorinated biphenyls and dichlorodiphenyl dichloroethene. J Pediatr 2000;136:490–6.
8. , , , et al. Age at menarche and tanner stage in girls exposed in utero and postnatally to polybrominated biphenyl. Epidemiology 2000;11:641–7.
9. , . Menstrual disorders in adolescence: investigation and management. Hum Reprod Update 2003;9:493–504.
10. , , . Period problems: disorders of menstruation in adolescents. Arch Dis Child 2012;97:554–60.
11. , , . Prospective follow-up of menstrual disorders in adolescence and prognostic factors. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2008;87:1162–8.