1. , . Age related decline in fertility. Endocr Metab Clin North Am 2003;32:669–88.
2. . The role of microtubule assembly dynamics in mitotic force generation and function organization of living cells. J Struct Biol 1999;118:87–93.
3. , . High resolution video enhanced differential interference contrast light microscopy. Meth Cell Biol 2007;81:335–64.
4. , , . Monospermic polyploidy and atypical embryo morphology. Hum Reprod 1994;9:506–10.
5. , , , et al. Oocyte morphology does not affect fertilization rate, embryo quality and implantation rate after intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod 1998;13:2431–3.
6. , , , et al. Oocyte morphology predicts outcome of intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod 1997;12:1267b–70b.
7. , , , et al. Relationship between granular cytoplasm of oocytes and pregnancy outcome following intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod 2000;15:2390–93.
8. , , , et al. In vitro DNA fluorescence after in vitro fertilization (IVF) failure. J Assist Reprod Genet 1992;9:564–71.
9. , , , et al. Perivitelline space granularity:a sign of human menopausal gonadotropin overdose in intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod 1998;13:3425–30.
10. , , , et al. Recurrent failure in polar body formation and premature chromosome condensation in oocytes from a human patient: indicator of asynchrony in nuclear and cytoplasmic maturation. Hum Reprod 1995;10:2343–9.
11. . Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: correlation of oocyte graded based on polar body, perivitelline space and cytoplasmic inclusions with fertilization rate and embryo quality. Hum Reprod 1997;12:1750–5.
12. , , , et al. Elective transfer of embryos selected on the basis of first polar body morphology is associated with increased rates of implantation and pregnancy. Fertil Steril 1999;72:599–603.
13. , , , et al. Prognostic value of the first polar body morphology on fertilization rate and embryo quality in intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Hum Reprod 2000;15:427–30.
14. , . The multifunctional zona pellucida and mammalian fertilization. J Reprod Immunol 2009;83:45–9.
15. , , . Does zona pellucida thickness influence the fertilization rate? Hum Reprod 1995;10:1189–93.
16. , , . Videocinematography of fresh and cryopreserved embryos: a retrospective analysis of embryonic morphology and implantation. Fertil Steril 1989;51:820–7.
17. , , . The impact of the zona pellucida thickness variation of human embryos on pregnancy outcome in relation to suboptimal embryo development. A prospective randomized controlled study. Hum Reprod 2001;16:2166–70.
18. , . The molecular genetics of the zona pellucida: mouse maturation and infertility. Hum Reprod 1996;2:886–94.
19. , , , et al. Oocyte maturation. Hum Reprod 1998;13(Suppl 3):52–62.
20. , , , et al. Influence of maternal age on meiotic spindle in oocytes from naturally cycling women. Hum Reprod 1996;11:2217–22.
21. , , . Requirement of functional telomeres for metaphase alignment and integrity of meiotic spindles. EMBO Rep 2002;3:230–4.
22. , . The telomere bouquet controls the meiotic spindle. Cell 2007;130:113–26.
23. , . Telomeres and reproductive aging. Reprod Fertil Dev 2009;21:10–14.
24. . Polarization optical studies of the mitotic spindle. I. The demonstration of spindle fibers in living cells. Chromosoma 1953;5:487–500.
25. . Polarized light microscopy of spindles. In: , ed. Methods in Cell Biology, vol. 16. San Diego: Academic Press; 1999: 175–208.
26. , , , et al. The spindle observation and its relationship with fertilization after intracytoplasmic sperm injection in living oocytes. Fertil Steril 2001;75:348–53.
27. , , , . Polarized light microscopy and digital imaging processing identify a multilaminar structure of the hamster zona pellucida. Hum Reprod 1997;12:1250–2.
28. , , , et al. Effect of in vitro culture of mammalian embryos on the architecture of the zona pellucida. Biol Bull 1997;193:235–6.
29. , . Aging associated aberration in meiosis of oocytes in senescence accelerated mice. Hum Reprod 2002;10:2678–85.
30. . Analysis of microtubule dynamics by polarized light. Method Mol Med 2007;137:111–23.
31. , . Prediction of chromosome misalignment among in vitro matured human oocytes by spindle imaging with the polscope. Fertil Steril 2002;78:1077–81.
32. , , , et al. Limited recovery of meiotic spindles in living human oocytes after cooling-rewarming observed using polarized light microscopy. Hum Reprod 2001;16:2374–8.
33. , , . Overheating is detrimental to meiotic spindle with in vitro matured human oocytes. Zygote 2004;12:65–70.
34. , , , . Meiotic spindle and zona pellucida characteristics as predictors of embryonic development: a preliminary studying using polscope imaging. Reprod Biomed Online 2007;14:166–74.
35. , , , et al. High magnitude of light retardation by the zona pellucida is associated with conception cycles. Hum Reprod 2005;20:1596–606.
36. , , , . Are there non-invasive markers in human oocytes that predict pregnancy outcome? Reprod Biomed Online 2009;18:674–80.
37. , , , et al. Polscope analysis of meiotic spindle changes in living MII human oocytes during the freezing and thawing procedures. Hum Reprod 2004;19:655–9.
38. , , , et al. Evaluation of meiotic spindles after in thawed oocytes after vitrification using polarized light microscopy. Fertil Steril 2004;82:666–72.
39. , , , et al. Spindle imaging: a new marker for optimal timing of ICSI? Hum Reprod 2004;19:649–54.
40. . The axis of polarity of the mouse blastocyst is specified before blastulation and independently of the zona pellucida. Hum Reprod 2007;22:798–806.
41. . Cleavage pattern and emerging asymmetry of the mouse embryo. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2005;12:919–28.
42. , , , . The first polar body does not predict accurately the location of the metaphase II meiotic spindle in mammalian oocytes. Fertil Steril 1999;71:719–21.
43. , , . Meiotic spindle location and identity and its effect on embryo cleavage plane and early development. Hum Reprod 2003;18:2397–405.
44. , , , . A reliable, non-invasive technique for spindle imaging and enucleation of mammalian oocytes. Nat Biotech 2000;18:223–5.