1. , , et al. CT for acute stage of closed head injury. Radiat Med 2005; 23: 309–16.
2. , . Imaging the head injury. In: , , eds. Head Injury: Pathophysiology and Management. 2nd edn. London, Hodder Educational. 2005; 169–214.
3. , , et al. Comparison of the Canadian CT Head Rule and the New Orleans Criteria in patients with minor head injury. J Am Med Assoc 2005; 294: 1511–18.
4. , , et al. External validation of the Canadian CT Head Rule and the New Orleans Criteria for CT scanning in patients with minor head injury. J Am Med Assoc 2005; 294: 1519–25.
5. , , et al. Application of the Canadian CT head rules in managing minor head injuries in a UK emergency department: implications for the implementation of the NICE guidelines. Emerg Med J 2004; 21: 420–5.
6. , , et al. Head injuries: a study evaluating the impact of the NICE head injury guidelines. Emerg Med J 2005; 22: 845–9.
7. , , et al. The Canadian CT Head Rule for patients with minor head injury. Lancet 2001; 357: 1391–6.
8. , . Neuroimaging in traumatic brain imaging. NeuroRx 2005; 2: 372–83.
9. , , et al. Day-of-injury computerized tomography, rehabilitation status, and development of cerebral atrophy in persons with traumatic brain injury. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2006; 85: 793–806.
10. . MR appearance of hemorrhage in the brain. Radiology 1993; 189: 15–26.
11. , , et al. Current concepts: diffuse axonal injury-associated traumatic brain injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2001; 82: 1461–71.
12. , , et al. Fast detection of diffuse axonal damage in severe traumatic brain injury: comparison of gradient-recalled echo and turbo proton echo-planar spectroscopic imaging MRI sequences. Am J Neuroradiol 2005; 26: 1140–8.
13. , , et al. Clinical applications of neuroimaging with susceptibility-weighted imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging 2005; 22: 439–50.
14. , , . Use of advanced neuroimaging techniques in the evaluation of pediatric traumatic brain injury. Dev Neurosci 2006; 28: 309–26.
15. , , et al. Susceptibility-weighted imaging and proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy in assessment of outcome after pediatric traumatic brain injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2006; 87: 50–8.
16. , , et al. Mechanism-based MRI classification of traumatic brainstem injury and its relationship to outcome. J Neurotrauma 2007; 24: 128–35.
17. . Diffusion-weighted imaging: basic concepts and application in cerebral stroke and head trauma. Eur Radiol 2003; 13: 2283–97.
18. , , et al. Diffusion-weighted imaging for the evaluation of diffuse axonal injury in closed head injury. J Comput Assist Tomogr 2003; 27: 5–11.
19. , , et al. Conspicuity of diffuse axonal injury lesions on diffusion-weighted MR imaging. Eur J Radiol 2005; 56: 5–11.
20. , , et al. Role of diffusion-weighted magnetic resonance imaging in diffuse axonal injury. Acta Radiol 2006; 47: 733–40.
21. , , et al. Diffusion-weighted MR imaging in closed head injury: high correlation with initial Glasgow Coma Scale score and score on modified Rankin scale at discharge. Radiology 2004; 233: 58–66.
22. , . Diffusion- and perfusion-weighted MR imaging in head injury. In: , , , eds. Clinical MR Neuroimaging Diffusion, Perfusion and Spectroscopy. 1st edition. Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2005; 626–41.
23. , , et al. Diffuse axonal injury: detection of changes in anisotropy of water diffusion by diffusion-weighted imaging. Neuroradiology 2003; 45: 34–8.
24. , , et al. Usefulness of diffusion tensor imaging for evaluation of motor function in patients with traumatic brain injury: three case studies. J Head Trauma Rehabil 2006; 21: 272–8.
25. , , et al. Line-scan diffusion tensor imaging of the posttraumatic brain stem: changes with neuropathologic correlation. Am J Neuroradiol 2006; 27: 70–3.
26. , , et al. Brain MR diffusion tensor imaging and fibre tracking to differentiate between two diffuse axonal injuries. Neuroradiology 2005; 47: 604–8.
27. , , et al. Serial evaluation of diffusion tensor brain fiber tracking in a patient with severe diffuse axonal injury. Am J Neuroradiol 2004; 25: 1553–6.
28. , , et al. Evidence for white matter disruption in traumatic brain injury without macroscopic lesions. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2006; 77: 850–5.
29. , , et al. Diffuse axonal injury in mild traumatic brain injury: a diffusion tensor imaging study. J Neurosurg 2005; 103: 298–303.
30. , , et al. Diffusion tensor imaging in chronic head injury survivors: correlations with learning and memory indices. Neuroimage 2006; 29: 117–24.
31. , , et al. Diffusion tensor imaging in the corpus callosum in children after moderate to severe traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma 2006; 23: 1412–26.
32. , , et al. Corpus callosum diffusion anisotropy correlates with neuropsychological outcomes in twins disconcordant for traumatic brain injury. Am J Neuroradiol 2006; 27: 879–81.
33. , , et al. Diffusion tensor imaging as potential biomarker of white matter injury in diffuse axonal injury. Am J Neuroradiol 2004; 25: 370–6.
34. , , et al. Possible axonal regrowth in late recovery from the minimally conscious state. J Clin Invest 2006; 116: 2005–11.
35. , , et al. Use of PET methods for measurement of cerebral energy metabolism and hemodynamics in cerebral vascular disease. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 1989; 9: 723–42.
36. Imaging after brain injury. Br J Anaesth 2007; 99: 49–60.
37. , , et al. Incidence and mechanisms of cerebral ischaemia in early clinical head injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2004; 24: 202–11.
38. , , et al. Defining ischemic burden after traumatic brain injury using 15O2 PET imaging of cerebral physiology. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2004; 24: 191–201.
39. , , et al. Diffusion limited oxygen delivery following head injury. Crit Care Med 2004; 32: 1384–90.
40. , , , Association between intravascular microthrombosis and cerebral ischemia in traumatic brain injury. Neurosurgery 2004; 54: 687–91.
41. , , et al. Imaging of cerebral blood flow and metabolism in brain injury in the ICU. Acta Neurochir Suppl 2005; 95: 459–64.
42. , , et al. Physiological thresholds for irreversible tissue damage in contusional regions following traumatic brain injury. Brain 2005; 128: 1931–42.
43. , , et al. Selective metabolic reduction in gray matter acutely following human traumatic brain injury. J Neurotrauma 2004; 21: 149–61.
44. , , et al. Metabolic crisis without brain ischaemia is common after traumatic brain injury: a combined microdialysis and positron emission tomography study. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 2005; 25: 763–74.
45. Brain ischaemia after traumatic brain injury: lessons from 15O2 positron emission tomography. Curr Opin Crit Care 2006; 12: 85–9.
46. , , et al. Technetium Tc-99 m ethyl cysteinate dimer brain single-photon emission CT in mild traumatic brain injury: a prospective study. Am J Neuroradiol 2006; 27: 447–51.
47. , , et al. Voxel-based statistical analysis of cerebral blood flow using Tc-99 m ECD brain SPECT in patients with traumatic brain injury: group and individual analyses. Brain Inj 2006; 20: 661–7.
48. , , et al. Cerebral blood flow (CBF)-directed management of ventilated head-injured patients. Acta Neurochir Suppl 2005; 95: 9–11.
49. , , et al. Changes in cerebral blood flow from the acute to the chronic phase of severe head injury. J Neurotrauma 2005; 22: 1411–18.