1. , , , et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology recommendations on fertility preservation in cancer patients. J Clin Oncol 2006; 24: 2917–31.
2. . Fertility preservation and reproduction in cancer patients. Fertil Steril 2005; 83: 1622–8.
3. , , , . The impact of chemotherapy on male fertility: a survey of the biologic basis and clinical aspects. Reproductive Toxicology 2001; 15: 611–17.
4. , . Fertility after chemotherapy for testicular germ cell cancer. Fertil Steril 1997; 68: 1–5.
5. , , , . Do men undergoing sterilizing cancer treatments have a fertile future? Hum Reprod 1998; 13: 3250–5.
6. , , , . Pregnancies after intracytoplasmic injection of single spermatozoon into an oocyte. Lancet 1992; 340: 17–18.
7. , . Reimplantation of a human embryo with subsequent tubal pregnancy. Lancet 1976; 307: 880–2.
8. , . Birth after reimplantation of a human embryo. Lancet 1978; 312: 366.
10. . The role of tubal reconstructive surgery in the era of assisted reproductive technologies. Fertil Steril 2008; 90: S250–3.
11. . World collaborative report on assisted reproductive technology, 2002. Hum Reprod 2009 24: 2310–20.
12. , , , et al. Moderate and severe endometriosis is associated with alterations in the cell cycle of granulosa cells in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2000; 73: 344–50.
13. , , . Laparoscopic surgery in infertile women with minimal or mild endometriosis. N Engl J Med 1997; 337: 217–22.
14. , , , et al. Laparoscopic surgery for subfertility associated with endometriosis. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; 1: CD001398.
15. , , , . Randomized controlled trial of superovulation and insemination for infertility associated with minimal or mild endometriosis. Fertil Steril 1997; 68: 8–12.
16. , . Comparison between tamoxifen and clomiphene for induction of ovulation. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 1982; 61: 377–9.
17. , , . In vitro fertilization and the ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Hum Reprod 1992; 7: 597–600.
18. , , , et al. Serum vascular endothelial growth factor and Doppler blood flow velocities in in vitro fertilization: relevance to ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and polycystic ovaries. Fertil Steril 1998; 70: 651–8.
19. , , , , . Conversion of cycles involving ovarian hyperstimulation with intra-uterine insemination to in-vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1994; 9: 406–8.
20. , . The incidence, characteristics, and prognosis of patients whose infertility is unexplained. Fertil Steril 1982; 37: 175–82.
21. , , , et al. Embryo quality and developmental potential is compromised by age. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2001; 80: 169–74.
22. , , , . The age-related decline in female fecundity: a quantitative controlled study of implanting capacity and survival of individual embryos after in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 1996; 65: 783–90.
23. , , , et al. An analysis of the effect of age on implantation rates. J Assist Reprod Genet 2000; 17: 303–6.
24. , . Early pregnancy wastage in IVF (in vitro fertilization) patients. J Assist Reprod Genet 1991; 8: 65–72.
25. , , , , . Relationship between maternal age and aneuploidy in in vitro fertilization pregnancy loss. Fertil Steril 2004; 81: 1265–9.
26. , , , , . Use of the antral follicle count to predict the outcome of assisted reproductive technologies. Fertil Steril 1998; 69: 505–10.
27. , , , et al. Predictors of poor ovarian response in in vitro fertilization: a prospective study comparing basal markers of ovarian reserve. Fertil Steril 2002; 77: 328–36.
28. , , , et al. Serum inhibins A and B fall differentially as FSH rises in perimenopausal women. Clin Endocrinol 1998; 48: 809–13.
29. , , , et al. Occult ovarian failure: a syndrome of infertility, regular menses, and elevated follicle-stimulating hormone concentrations. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1988 67: 1190–4.
30. , , , . Basal follicle-stimulating hormone level is a better predictor of in vitro fertilization performance than age. Fertil Steril 1991; 55: 784–91.
31. , . Anti-Müllerian hormone and folliculogenesis. Mol Cell Endocrinol 2005; 234: 81–6.
32. , , , . The role of antimullerian hormone in prediction of outcome after IVF: comparison with the antral follicle count. Fertil Steril 2009; 91: 705–14.
33. , , , et al. Anti-Mullerian hormone-based approach to controlled ovarian stimulation for assisted conception. Hum Reprod 2009; 24: 867–75.
34. , , , et al. Relevance of anti-Mullerian hormone measurement in a routine IVF program. Hum Reprod 2008; 23: 1359–65.
35. , , , . Inhibin B and anti-Mullerian hormone: markers of ovarian response in IVF/ICSI patients? BJOG 2004; 111: 1248–53.
36. , , . Prognostic assessment of female fecundity. Lancet 1987; 2: 645–7.
37. , , . Comparison of basal follicle-stimulating hormone versus the clomiphene citrate challenge test for ovarian reserve screening. Fertil Steril 2004; 82: 180–5.
38. , , , , . The clomiphene citrate challenge test for the prediction of poor ovarian response and nonpregnancy in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization: a systematic review. Fertil Steril 2006; 86: 807–18.
39. , . Cryopreservation of human genetic material. Ann N Y Acad Sci 2010; 1205: 220–4.
40. . Nonobstructive azoospermia: a revolutionary surgical approach and results. Sem Reprod Med 2009; 27: 165–70.
41. , , , , eds. Textbook of Assisted Reproductive Technologies: Laboratory and Clinical Perspectives, 3rd edn. London: Informa Healthcare, 2009.
42. . The male factor in fertility and infertility. II. Spermatozoon counts in 1000 men of known fertility and in 1000 cases of infertile marriage. J Urol 1951; 66: 436–49.
43. , . Relation between indices of semen analysis and pregnancy rate in infertile couples. Fertil Steril 1977; 25: 503.
44. , , . On the nature of semen quality and infertility. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 248–9.
45. . Sperm recovery techniques to maximize fertilizing capacity. Reprod Fertil Dev 1994; 6: 25–31.
46. . A quantitative and cytological study of germ cells in human ovaries. Proc R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 1963; 158: 417–33.
47. , , , . What do consistently high-performing in vitro fertilization programs in the U.S. do? Fertil Steril 2010; 94: 1346–9.
48. , , , , . GnRH antagonists in ovarian stimulation for IVF. Hum Reprod Update 2006; 12: 333–40.
49. , , , et al. Serum vascular endothelial growth factor concentrations in in vitro fertilization cycles predict the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Fertil Steril 1999; 71: 287–93.
50. , , , . Mechanism of action of GnRH-induced oocyte maturation. J Reprod Fertil Suppl 1989; 37: 319–27.
51. , . Triploidy: the breakdown of monogamy between sperm and egg. Int J Dev Biol 2008; 52: 449–54.
52. , , , . Assisted hatching on assisted conception (IVF and ICSI). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; 2: CD001894.
53. , , , et al. Autologous endometrial co-culture in patients with repeated failures of implantation after in vitro fertilization–embryo transfer. J Assist Reprod Genet 1999; 16: 121–7.
54. , , , et al. Autologous endometrial coculture in patients with a previous history of poor quality embryos. J Assist Reprod Genet 2002; 19: 309–12.
55. , , , et al. Autologous endometrial coculture in patients with IVF failure: outcome of the first 1,030 cases. J Reprod Med 2004; 49: 463–7.
56. , , , et al. Histologic characteristics of the endometrium predicts success when utilizing autologous endometrial coculture in patients with IVF failure. J Assist Reprod Genet 2006; 23: 185–9.
57. , , , , . Assessment of the reliability of single blastomere analysis for preimplantation diagnosis of the ΔF508 deletion causing cystic fibrosis in clinical practice. Prenat Diagn 1998; 18: 1402–12.
58. , , , et al. Comparison of blastocyst transfer with or without preimplantation genetic diagnosis for aneuploidy screening in couples with advanced maternal age: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Hum Reprod 2004; 19: 2849–58.
59. , , , et al. In vitro fertilization with preimplantation genetic screening. N Engl J Med 2007; 357: 9–17.
60. , , , . Ultrasound versus “clinical touch” for catheter guidance during embryo transfer in women. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2010; 1: CD006107.
61. , , , , . Effect of hyaluronan-enriched transfer medium on implantation and pregnancy rates after day 3 and day 5 embryo transfers: a prospective randomized study. Fertil Steril 2008; 90: 604–12.
62. , , , et al. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) using cryopreserved sperm from men with malignant neoplasm yields high pregnancy rates. Fertil Steril 2008; 90: 557–63.
63. , , , . A controlled study comparing patients with and without polycystic ovaries undergoing in-vitro fertilization. Hum Reprod 1993; 8: 233–7.
64. , , , . Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: strategies for prevention. Reprod Biomed Online 2003; 7: 43–9.
65. . Human recombinant luteinizing hormone is as effective as, but safer than, urinary human chorionic gonadotropin in inducing final follicular maturation and ovulation in in vitro fertilization procedures: results of a multicenter double-blind study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86: 2607–18.
66. , , , et al. Significant reduction of the incidence of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) by using the LHRH antagonist Cetrorelix (Cetrotide®) in controlled ovarian stimulation for assisted reproduction. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2000; 264: 29–32.
67. , , , et al. Low-dose dopamine agonist administration blocks vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-mediated vascular hyperpermeability without altering VEGF receptor 2-dependent luteal angiogenesis in a rat ovarian hyperstimulation model. Endocrinology 2006; 147: 5400–11.
68. , , , et al. Dopamine agonist cabergoline reduces hemoconcentration and ascites in hyperstimulated women undergoing assisted reproduction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2007; 92: 2931–7.
69. , , , et al. Cabergoline reduces the early onset of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome: a prospective randomized study. Reprod Biomed Online 2008; 17: 751–5.
70. . Guidelines on number of embryos transferred. Fertil Steril 2009; 92: 1518–19.
71. , , , . The incidence of major clinical complications in a Dutch transport IVF programme. Hum Reprod Update 1996; 2: 345–53.
72. , , , et al. Ectopic pregnancy after in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET): the possible role of the ET technique. J Assist Reprod Genet 1993; 10: 302–4.
73. , , , . Epidemiology of ectopic pregnancy. Epidemiol Rev 1987; 9: 70–94.
74. , , . Pregnancy: heterotopic pregnancies after in-vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Hum Reprod 1995; 10: 1232–6.
75. , , , et al. Heterotopic pregnancies after in vitro fertilization and embryo transfer. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1991; 164: 161–4.
76. , , , et al. Pregnancy complications, obstetric risks, and neonatal outcome in singleton and twin pregnancies after GIFT and IVF. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2003; 268: 256–61.
77. , , , . Perinatal outcomes in singletons following in vitro fertilization: a meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol 2004; 103: 551–63.
78. , , . Pregnancy course and outcome after intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a controlled, prospective cohort study. Fertil Steril 2004; 81: 1604–16.
79. , , , Genetics Committee of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC), Reproductive Endocrinology Infertility Committee of the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC). Pregnancy outcomes after assisted reproductive technology. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2006; 28: 220–50.
80. , , , . Obstetric outcome in women with subfertility. BJOG 2005; 112: 632–7.
81. , , , et al. Perinatal outcome, health, growth, and medical care utilization of 5- to 8-year-old intracytoplasmic sperm injection singletons. Fertil Steril 2008; 89: 1133–46.
82. , . A prospective longitudinal study of the physical, psychomotor, and intellectual development of singleton children up to 5 years who were conceived by intracytoplasmic sperm injection compared with children conceived spontaneously and by in vitro fertilization. Fertil Steril 2003; 80: 1388–97.
83. , , , et al. Developmental outcome at 2 years of age for children born after ICSI compared with children born after IVF. Hum Reprod 2003; 18: 342–50.
84. , , , et al. Psychological follow-up study of 5-year-old ICSI children. Hum Reprod 2004; 19: 2791–7.