1. , . Effect of glycerol and freezing on some staining reactions of human spermatozoa. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 1953; 84: 179–800.
2. . Current status for semen banking in the USA. Hum Reprod 1998; 13: 55–67.
, , , et al
. Results of 6139 artificial insemination cycles with donor spermatozoa
. Hum Reprod 2001
4. , , , et al. Survival and infertility treatment in male cancer patients after sperm banking. Fertil Steril 2009; 91: 2344–2348.
5. , , . UK gamete donors’ reflections on the removal of anonymity: implications for recruitment. Hum Reprod 2007; 22: 1675–1680.
6. . 2006 Guidelines for Gamete and Embryo Donation. Fertil Steril 2006; 86 (Suppl 5): S38–S50.
7. . Laboratory Manual for the Examination of Human Semen and Sperm–Cervical Mucus Interaction, 4th edn. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
8. . No reason for a reduction in the number of offspring per sperm donor because of possible transmission of autosomal dominant diseases. Hum Reprod 2003; 18: 669–671.
9. , , . Recovery of human sperm motility and ability to interact with the human zona pellucida after more than 28 years of storage in liquid nitrogen. Fertil Steril 2006; 86: 721–722.
10. , , , et al. Effects of different extenders on DNA integrity of boar spermatozoa following freezing–thawing. Cryobiology 2008; 57: 257–262.
11. , , , et al. Effects of cryopreservation on sperm parameters and ultrastructural morphology of human spermatozoa. J Assist Reprod Genet 2008; 25: 403–411.
12. , , , et al. The mechanism by which mouse spermatozoa are injured during freezing. J Reprod Dev 2008; 54: 265–269.
13. , , , et al. Cryoprotectant-free cryopreservation of human spermatozoa by vitrification and freezing in vapor: effect on motility, DNA integrity, and fertilization ability. Biol Reprod 2004; 71: 1167–1173.
14. , , . Single sperm cryopreservation on cryoloops: an alternative to hamster zona for freezing individual spermatozoa. Reprod Biomed Online 2004; 9: 47–53.
15. , , , et al. DNA integrity and motility of human spermatozoa after standard slow freezing versus cryoprotectant-free vitrification. Hum Reprod 2004; 19: 932–939.
16. . Cryopreservation of mammalian semen. Methods Mol Biol 2007; 368: 303–311.
17. , , . Comparison between the first and the second electroejaculate qualities obtained from neurologically intact men suffering from anejaculation. Hum Reprod 2005; 20: 2620–2622.
18. , , , et al. Fertility following spinal cord injury: a systematic review. Spinal Cord 2005; 43: 693–703.
19. , , , et al. Current trends in the treatment of infertility in men with spinal cord injury. Fertil Steril 2006; 86: 781–789.
20. , , , et al. A protocol of electroejaculation and systematic assisted reproductive technology achieved high efficiency and efficacy for pregnancy for anejaculatory men with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 84: 535–540.