1. , ed. Clinical Anesthesia, 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005, pp. 465–497.
2. . A new extended release formulation (OROS®) of hydromorphone in the management of pain. Ther Clin Risk Manage 2009:5 75–80.
4. , , , , , , . Input characteristics and bioavailability after administration of immediate and a new extended-release formulation of hydromorphone in healthy volunteers. Anesthesiology 2002;97(4):827–36.
5. , , , et al. Pharmacodynamics of orally administered sustained-release hydromorphone in humans. Anesthesiology 2001;94(1):63–73.
FDA alert: Alcohol-Palladone™ Interaction; www.fda.gov
7. , , . The effect of ethanol on the release of opioids from oral prolonged-release preparations. Drug Dev Industr Pharm 2007;33:1101–1111.
8. , , , , . Clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of once-daily hydromorphone hydrochloride extended-release capsules. J Clin Pharmacol 2005;45(5):547–554.
9. , , , , , , . Dose conversion and titration with a novel, once daily, OROS osmotic technology, extended-release formulation in the treatment of chronic malignant or nonmalignant pain. J Pain Symptom Manage 2002;23(5):355–368.
10. , , , . Pharmacokinetic profile of a 24-hour controlled-release OROS® formulation of hydromorphone in the presence and absence of food. BMC Clin Pharmacol 2007;7:2.
11. , , . Pharmacokinetic profile of a 24-hour controlled-release OROS formulation of hydromorphone in the presence of alcohol. Curr Med Res Opin 2008;24(1):297–305.