1. , . Cytogenetic studies in couples experiencing repeated pregnancy losses. Hum Reprod 1990; 5: 518–28.
2. , , . Recurrent pregnancy losses and parental chromosome abnormalities: a review. BJOG 1985; 92: 899–914.
3. , , . An informative protocol for the investigation of recurrent miscarriage: preliminary experience of 500 consecutive cases. Hum Reprod 1994; 9: 1328–32.
4. , , et al. Selective chromosome analysis in couples with two or more miscarriages: a case-control study. Br Med J 2005; 331: 137–41.
5. , , et al. Prenatal cytogenetic abnormalities: correlations of structural rearrangements and ultrasonographically detected fetal anomalies. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995; 173: 1334–6.
6. , . Patterns of chromosomal translocations identified by a birth defects registry, Hawaii, 1986–2000. Genetic Testing 2004; 8: 204–8.
7. . Review and meta-analysis of systematic searches for uniparental disomy (UPD) other than UPD 15. Am J Med Genet 2002; 111: 366–75.
8. . Paracentric inversions: a review. Hum Genet 1995; 96: 503–15.
9. , , et al. Paracentric inversions in humans: a review of 446 paracentric inversions with presentation of 120 new cases. Am J Med Genet 1995; 55: 171–87.
10. , , et al. X-Chromosome hyperploidy in couples with multiple spontaneous abortions. Obstet Gynecol 1984; 63: 237–40.
11. , , et al. Chromosome studies of 500 couples with two or more abortions. Obstet Gynecol 1985: 63: 375–8.
12. , . Mechanism of recurrent spontaneous abortions in women with mosaicism of X-chromosome aneuploidies. Fertil Steril 2004; 82: 1594–601.
13. , , et al. Application of quantitative fluorescent PCR with short tandem repeat markers to the study of aneuploidies in spontaneous miscarriages. Hum Reprod 2005; 20: 1235–43.
14. , , . Detection of subtelomere imbalance using MLPA: validation, development of an analysis protocol, and application in a diagnostic centre. BMC Med Genet 2007; 8: 1–13.
15. , , et al. Array comparative genomic hybridization profiling of first-trimester spontaneous abortions that fail to grow in vitro. Prenatal Diagnosis 2005; 25: 894–900.
16. , , et al. Comparative Genomic Hybridization-Array analysis enhances the detection of aneuploidies and submicroscopic imbalances in spontaneous miscarriages. Am J Hum Genet 2004; 74: 1168–74.
17. , , et al. Sex chromosome characteristics and recurrent miscarriage. Fertil Steril 2008; 90: 2328–33.
18. , , et al. Parental karyotype and subsequent live births in recurrent miscarriage. Fertil Steril 2004; 81: 1296–301.
19. . , et al. Poor prognosis of recurrent aborters with either maternal or paternal reciprocal translocations. Fertil Steril 2004; 81: 367–73.
20. , . Reproductive outcomes in recurrent pregnancy loss associated with a parental carrier of a structural chromosome arrangement. Hum Reprod 2006; 21: 1076–82.
21. , , et al. Reproductive outcome after chromosome analysis in couples with two or more miscarriages: an index-control study. Br Med J 2006; 332: 759–63.
22. , , et al. Subsequent pregnancy outcomes in recurrent miscarriage patients with a paternal or maternal carrier of a structural chromosome rearrangement. J Hum Genet 2008; 53: 622–8.
23. . Practice Bulletin. Management of recurrent early pregnancy loss. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 2002; 78: 179–90.
24. . The Investigation and Treatment of Couples with Recurrent Miscarriage. Guideline No. 17. 2003.
25. , , et al. Evidence-based guidelines for the investigation and medical treatment of recurrent miscarriage. Hum Reprod 2006; 21: 2216–22.
26. . Guideline: Recurrent Miscarriage. Utrecht, the Netherlands, 2007 (in Dutch).
27. , . Maternal age-specific rates of numerical chromosome abnormalities with special reference to trisomy. Hum Genet 1985; 70: 11–17.
28. , , et al. Maternal age and fetal loss: population based register linkage study. Br Med J 2000; 320: 1708–12.
29. , , et al. A randomised controlled trial of a tailored multifaceted strategy to promote implementation of a clinical guideline on induced abortion care. BJOG 2004; 111: 726–33.
30. , , et al. Closing the gap between research and practice: an overview of systematic reviews of interventions to promote the implementation of research findings. The Cochrane Effective Practice and Organization of Care Review Group. Br Med J 1998; 317: 465–8.
31. , , et al. Inherited unbalanced structural chromosome abnormalities at prenatal diagnosis are rarely ascertained through recurrent miscarriage. Prenatal Diagn 2008; 28: 408–11.
32. , , et al. Low uptake of prenatal diagnosis after established carrier status of a balanced structural chromosome abnormality in couples with recurrent miscarriage. Fertil Steril 2010; in press.
33. , , et al. Preimplantation genetic diagnosis significantly improves the pregnancy outcome of translocation carriers with a history of recurrent miscarriage and unsuccessful pregnancies. Reprod Biomed Online 2006; 13: 869–74.
34. , , et al. Outcome of preimplantation genetic diagnosis of translocations. Fertil Steril 2000; 73: 1209–18.
35. , , et al. Efficacy and clinical outcome of preimplantation genetic diagnosis using FISH for couples of reciprocal and Robertsonian translocations: the Korean experience. Prenat Diagn 2004; 24: 556–61.
36. , . Can preimplantation genetic diagnosis improve success rates in recurrent aborters with translocations? Hum Reprod 2005; 20: 3267–70.
37. , , et al. ESHRE PGD Consortium data collection VIII: cycles from January to December 2005 with pregnancy follow-up to October 2006; Hum Reprod 2008; 23: 2629–45.
38. , , , . Obstetrie en Gynaecologie. Maarssen: Elsevier Press, 2007.