- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: July 2009
- Print publication year: 2001
- Online ISBN: 9780511495281
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511495281
Multimedia products have experienced tremendous market success. Yet too often they are given inadequate protection under existing national and international copyright schemes. Irini Stamatoudi provides a comprehensive, comparative treatment of multimedia works and copyright protection in this clear and concise volume. A detailed introduction outlines the nature of the multimedia work, as well as the scope of existing legislation; separate chapters consider collections and compilations, databases, audiovisual works and computer programs (video games are here treated as a 'test case'). Stamatoudi then analyses issues of qualification, regime of protection, and offers a model for a European legislative solution. Copyright and Multimedia Products will interest academics and students, as well as practitioners and copyright policy makers.
Source: The European Intellectual Property Review
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.