- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: February 2010
- Print publication year: 1996
- Online ISBN: 9780511629167
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511629167
The fundamental ideas concerning computation and recursion naturally find their place at the interface between logic and theoretical computer science. The contributions in this book, by leaders in the field, provide a picture of current ideas and methods in the ongoing investigations into the pure mathematical foundations of computability theory. The topics range over computable functions, enumerable sets, degree structures, complexity, subrecursiveness, domains and inductive inference. A number of the articles contain introductory and background material which it is hoped will make this volume an invaluable resource.