1. , . Cerebral autoregulation and anesthesia. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2009;22:547–52.
2. , , , et al. Cerebral autoregulation before and after blood transfusion in a child. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2001;13:233–6.
3. , , . Cerebrospinal fluid pH and PCO2 rapidly follow arterial blood pH and PCO2 with changes in ventilation. Neurosurgery 1994;34:466–70.
4. . Mechanisms of action, physiological effects, and complications of hypothermia. Crit Care Med 2009;37:S186–202.
5. , , , et al. Dynamic and static cerebral autoregulation during isoflurane, desflurane, and propofol anesthesia. Anesthesiology 1995;83:66–76.
6. , , , et al. Total intravenous anesthesia: advantages for intracranial surgery. Neurosurgery 2007;61:369–77.
7. , . Inhalational or intravenous anesthetics for craniotomies? Pro inhalational. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2006;19:504–8.
8. . Anaesthesia for elective neurosurgery. Br J Anaesth 2007;99:68–74.
9. , . Change in cerebrospinal fluid pressure during pneumoencephalography under nitrous oxide anesthesia. Anesthesiology 1965;26:67–72.
10. . Outcomes after neuroanesthesia and neurosurgery: what makes a difference. Anesthesiol Clin 2012;30:399–408.
11. , , . The effects of ketamine on cerebral circulation and metabolism in man. Anesthesiology 1972;36:69–75.
12. , , . Ketamine anaesthesia in patients with intracranial pathology. Br J Anaesth 1972;44:1200–4.
13. , . Revising a dogma: ketamine for patients with neurological injury?Anesth Analg 2005;101:524–34.
14. , , , et al. The role of nitric oxide synthase inhibition in the adverse effects of etomidate in the setting of focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Anesth Analg 2005;100:841–6.
15. , , . Etomidate is associated with mortality and adrenal insufficiency in sepsis: a meta-analysis. Crit Care Med 2012;40:2945–53.
16. , , . Craniotomy for supratentorial brain tumors: risk factors for brain swelling after opening the dura mater. J Neurosurg 2004;101:621–6.
17. . Fluids and the neurosurgical patient. Anesthesiol Clin North America 2002;20:329–46.
18. , , , et al. The effect of high-dose mannitol on serum and urine electrolytes and osmolality in neurosurgical patients. Can J Anaesth 1987;34:442–6.
19. , , Effect of mannitol and furosemide on plasma osmolality and brain water. Anesthesiology 2002;96:416–21.
20. , , . Influence of mannitol and furosemide, alone and in combination, on brain water content after fluid percussion injury. Anesthesiology 2006;105:1176–81.
21. , , , et al. Does hyperventilation improve operating condition during supratentorial craniotomy? A multicenter randomized crossover trial. Anesth Analg 2008;106:585–94.
22. , . Optimal reverse Trendelenburg position in patients undergoing craniotomy for cerebral tumors. J Neurosurg 2007;106:239–44.
23. , . Cerebral protection. Br J Anaesth 2007;99:10–17.
24. , , , et al. GALA: an international multicentre randomised trial comparing general anaesthesia versus local anaesthesia for carotid surgery. Trials 2008;9:28.
25. , , , et al. No association between intraoperative hypothermia or supplemental protective drug and neurologic outcomes in patients undergoing temporary clipping during cerebral aneurysm surgery: findings from the Intraoperative Hypothermia for Aneurysm Surgery Trial. Anesthesiology 2010;112:86–101.
26. , , , et al. Treatment of comatose survivors of out-of-hospital cardiac arrest with induced hypothermia. N Engl J Med 2002;346:557–63.
27. , , , et al. A core review of temperature regimens and neuroprotection during cardiopulmonary bypass: does rewarming rate matter? Anesth Analg 2009;109:1741–51.
28. , , , et al. Major clinical outcomes in adults undergoing thoracic aortic surgery requiring deep hypothermic circulatory arrest: quantification of organ-based perioperative outcome and detection of opportunities for perioperative intervention. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2005;19:446–52.
29. , , , et al. Hypothermia for neonatal hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2012;166:558–66.
30. , , , et al. Mild intraoperative hypothermia during surgery for intracranial aneurysm. N Engl J Med 2005;352:135–45.
31. , , . Hypothermia for traumatic head injury. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2009;CD001048.
32. , , . Effects of poststroke pyrexia on stroke outcome: a meta-analysis of studies in patients. Stroke 2000;31:410–14.
33. , , , et al. Perioperative fever and outcome in surgical patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery 2009;64:897–908.
34. , , , et al. Saline or albumin for fluid resuscitation in patients with traumatic brain injury. N Engl J Med 2007;357:874–84.
35. , , . The efficacy and safety of colloid resuscitation in the critically ill. Anesth Analg 2011;112:156–64.
36. , . Transfusion practice in neuroanesthesia. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2009;22:566–71.
37. , , , et al. Complications of cerebral arteriovenous malformation embolization: multivariate analysis of predictive factors. Neurosurgery 2006;58:602–11.
38. , , , et al. Higher hemoglobin is associated with improved outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Crit Care Med 2007;35:2383–9.
39. , , , et al. Blood transfusion and increased risk for vasospasm and poor outcome after subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg 2004;101:1–7.
40. , , , et al. Hemoglobin concentration and cerebral metabolism in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke 2009;40:1275–81.
41. , . Neurophysiologic monitoring in neurosurgery. Anesthesiol Clin 2012;30:311–31.
42. , . Anesthesia considerations and intraoperative monitoring during surgery for arteriovenous malformations and dural arteriovenous fistulas. Neurosurg Clin N Am 2012;23:153–64.
43. , , , et al. Diagnosis and treatment of vascular air embolism. Anesthesiology 2007;106:164–77.
44. , , , et al. What will anesthesiologists be anesthetizing? Trends in neurosurgical procedure usage. Anesth Analg 2010;110:1686–97.
45. , , . The risk and safety of anesthesia at remote locations: the US closed claims analysis. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2009;22:502–8.
46. , . Anaesthesia for interventional neuroradiology. Curr Opin Anaesthesiol 2011;24:426–32.
47. , . Anesthesia for cerebral aneurysms: a comparison between interventional neuroradiology and surgery. Can J Anaesth 2001;48:391–5.
48. , . Anesthesia for endovascular neurosurgery and interventional neuroradiology. Anesthesiol Clin 2012;30:127–47.