1. . Schizophrenia: core interventions in the treatment and management of schizophrenia in primary and secondary care. Clinical guidelines CG1. UK: NICE, 2002.
2. , . Unexplored issues and future directions in social phobia research. Clin Psychol Rev 2004; 24(7): 731–6.
3. , , , et al. Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in severe mental illness. J Consult Clin Psychol 1998; 66(3): 493–9.
4. , , , . Risk of non-fatal suicide ideation and behaviour in recent onset schizophrenia: the influence of clinical, social, self-esteem and demographic factors. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 2004; 39(11): 927–37.
5. , , , , . The power and omnipotence of voices: subordination and entrapment by voices and significant others. Psychol Med 2000; 30(2): 337–44.
6. , , , et al. Psychosis and drug and alcohol problems. In , , eds., Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Problems. London: Routledge. 2007, pp. 218–40.
7. , , , et al. Randomized controlled trial of motivational interviewing, cognitive behavior therapy, and family intervention for patients with comorbid schizophrenia and substance use disorders. Am J Psychiatry 2001; 158(10): 1706–13.
8. . Vulnerability models for schizophrenia. State of the art. In , , , eds., Search for the Cause of Schizophrenia. Heidelberg: Springer-Verlag. 1987, pp. 297–316.
9. , , , , . A cognitive model of the positive symptoms of psychosis. Psychol Med 2001; 31(2): 189–95.
10. . The interpretation of intrusions in psychosis: an integrative cognitive approach to hallucinations and delusions. Behav Cogn Psychother 2001; 29(3): 257–76.
11. , . New developments in cognitive-behavioural case formulation. Epidemiological, systemic and social context: an integrative approach. Cogn Behav Psychother 2002; 30: 311–28.
12. . A cognitive-behavioural case formulation approach to the treatment of schizophrenia. In , ed., Case Formulation in Cognitive Behavior Therapy: The Treatment of Challenging and Complex Cases. New York: Routledge. 2006, pp. 167–87.
13. . Cognitive-behavior therapy for schizophrenia and psychotic disorders. In , ed., Clinical Handbook of Psychological Disorders: A Step-by-step Treatment Manual, 4th edn. New York: Guilford Press, 2007.
14. , , , et al. Cognitive, emotional, and social processes in psychosis: refining cognitive behavioral therapy for persistent positive symptoms. Schizophr Bull 2006; 32 Suppl 1: S24–31.
15. , . Is there evidence that cognitive behaviour therapy is an effective treatment for schizophrenia? A cautious or cautionary tale?Behav Res Ther 2004; 42(12): 1377–401.
, , , . Cognitive behavior therapy for schizophrenia: effect sizes, clinical models, and methodological rigor
. Schizophr Bull 2008
17. . Cognitive-behaviour therapy for schizophrenia: a review of development, evidence and implementation. Psychother Psychosom 2005; 74: 136–44.
18. , , , et al. The Schizophrenia Patient Outcomes Research Team (PORT): updated treatment recommendations 2003. Schizophr Bull 2004; 30(2): 193–217.
19. , , , et al. Group cognitive-behavioural therapy for schizophrenia. Randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry 2006; 189: 527–32.
20. , . Cognitive Therapy for Depression and Anxiety. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995.
21. , . The cognitive-behavioural treatment of low self-esteem in psychotic patients: a pilot study. Behav Res Ther 2003; 41: 317–32.
22. , . Early intervention. In , , eds., Psychological Management of Schizophrenia. Chichester: Wiley. 1994, p. 77–108.
23. , , , . A Casebook of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Command Hallucinations: A Social Rank Theory Approach. New York: Routledge, 2006.
24. , , . Suicide risk in schizophrenia: explanatory models and clinical implications: the Schematic Appraisal Model of Suicide (SAMS). Psychol Psychother 2008; 81: 55–77.
25. , , , et al. Cognitive-behavioural therapy for substance use disorders in people with psychotic disorders: randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry 2006; 188(5): 439–48.